Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ionity passport reduced pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I appreciate we all most likely prefer Superchargers but I got an email yesterday from Ionity announcing their 50% price reduction on the monthly subscription to 5.99 and that includes a 0.20 discount on each kWh to 0.59.

I just figured this might be of interest to anyone where these may be an alternate on regular long routing if SC aren't suitably available (or regularly full up by non Tesla 😉)

Whilst I can appreciate the sentiment of monthly subscriptions being reduced - my bug bear with subscription pricing with charging is that you are paying to have access to one brand of chargers to get the cheap rate. To "truly" benefit from lower pricing you need to only use that network (wherever possible) or have about 10 charging subscriptions "just in case".

Personally I would much rather they all did away with there subscriptions and lowered the price by 10p, rather than 20p exclusively for subscribers. Or even there be a "universal subscription" (similar to Electroverse) where you pay £10 a month and get the reduced rate to all of them.

I accept that I may be in the minority here, but just my 2 pennies worth.

Whilst I can appreciate the sentiment of monthly subscriptions being reduced - my bug bear with subscription pricing with charging is that you are paying to have access to one brand of chargers to get the cheap rate. To "truly" benefit from lower pricing you need to only use that network (wherever possible) or have about 10 charging subscriptions "just in case".

Personally I would much rather they all did away with there subscriptions and lowered the price by 10p, rather than 20p exclusively for subscribers. Or even there be a "universal subscription" (similar to Electroverse) where you pay £10 a month and get the reduced rate to all of them.

I accept that I may be in the minority here, but just my 2 pennies worth.
It works for huge networks or if you regularly use one on a commute. With so many networks fighting it out it just leads to stupid actions like tying (edit:typo) a lease or company car to a niche network with few sites.

Tesla subscription will probably make sense on a month by month basis, but I'd prefer straight out pricing. I suspect Tesla are doing this (and opening up) to prevent mischief against the network in future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oxid8ter