Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alpharetta, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fantastic! So it is indeed a 3+7 layout. And that weird conduit at left was for a light pole.

That blue tarp is covering the wires that will go into the transformer. So now it's waiting for the utility (Sawnee EMC, not Georgia Power) to drop the transformer. Was there a concrete pad for it?

Were the cabinets in?

Any sign of the Chargepoint station that used to be there? Of course there are other J1772 sites at Avalon, just wondering.

Yes the concrete pad is there with the wiring sticking up. Now its just a waiting game

No change.
-
JN

Attachments

• 3585A132-B7A8-48DB-9AEE-A9FBADBA8F24.jpeg
    3585A132-B7A8-48DB-9AEE-A9FBADBA8F24.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 154
If visiting, things to check for us:
- Has the transformer arrived? It'll go on the concrete pad that currently has the blue tarp on it. (See above pics)
- Are the cabinets in? Peek behind the brick wall, through the gate.
- Any sign of the Chargepoint station that used to be there?

If visiting, things to check for us:
- Has the transformer arrived? It'll go on the concrete pad that currently has the blue tarp on it. (See above pics)
- Are the cabinets in? Peek behind the brick wall, through the gate.
- Any sign of the Chargepoint station that used to be there?

I just drove by today, looks like all the cabinets are installed behind the wall, only thing missing is the transformer . No sign of the chargepoint stations

Avalon Supercharger update 12/5. The construction was fast because they could not make a mess at the Avalon. Now the final connections are taking along time . The test vehicles HPWC are working but we cant use them.

Attachments

• av.jpg
    av.jpg
    676.3 KB · Views: 135
  • av1.jpg
    av1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 138
  • av3.jpg
    av3.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 143
  • av4.jpg
    av4.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 132
  • av5.jpg
    av5.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 138
How can I reach the Supercharger construction planners. The Lifetime Athletic Club Sandy Springs underground parking lot would be an ideal location for urban SC. There is an unused portion of the lot in the NE corner close to major electrical feeds. Convenient to the Prado stores, Lifetime Fitness and just off of I-285 and Roswell Rd. Exit.

How can I reach the Supercharger construction planners. The Lifetime Athletic Club Sandy Springs underground parking lot would be an ideal location for urban SC. There is an unused portion of the lot in the NE corner close to major electrical feeds. Convenient to the Prado stores, Lifetime Fitness and just off of I-285 and Roswell Rd. Exit.

Scrolled down to where it say Suggest A Charging Site Charging Partners | Tesla

There are so many Tesla's in this area I hope there will be spaces open.. The old chargers before the dealership took them over were constantly slammed after the 3s came out. I really hope they still create the Target ones that were on the map.

Doesn't seem likely with the stalls at Avalon going in. I'm sure they'll install their own Level 2 chargers, though
Curious about that. There already are volta free chargers at the amc there which are often empty, which i've definitely taken advantage of as someone that works within walking distance from there (2hr free charge apparently is just an honor system?).

Curious about that. There already are volta free chargers at the amc there which are often empty, which i've definitely taken advantage of as someone that works within walking distance from there (2hr free charge apparently is just an honor system?).

Volta time limit is definitely honor system or possibly enforced by security if they were to notice you there (and if they cared)

The chargers will go indefinitely, or at least they will go over two hours. I plugged in while I watched a movie and I went over by about 20 minutes (not proud of it) and it was still charging when I got out