Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alpine, TX - South Cockrell Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s a pipedream. Im a little concerned since this is my first trip to Big Bend in the MY and I’ll be leaving the comfort of the SC network.

We will have access to 14-50 for overnight charging at our AirBnB. My plan to top off in Fort Stockton and head to Terlingua. Hoping that will be plenty for day trips around the park.

Any suggestion are appreciated.
PlugShare app is your friend, for sure. There are a few RV parks around, and there's a little museum just north of the park, heading towards Marathon, that shows up on PlugShare as well.
I personally cannot wait for the chargers in Terlingua. But Alpine is a start.

PlugShare app is your friend, for sure. There are a few RV parks around, and there's a little museum just north of the park, heading towards Marathon, that shows up on PlugShare as well.
I personally cannot wait for the chargers in Terlingua. But Alpine is a start.
Thanks! Curious where they are with the Alpine location. I’ll post an update if we don’t have one by then.

Thanks! Curious where they are with the Alpine location. I’ll post an update if we don’t have one by then.
Note that if you run low in the park, the good folks at Retro Rents in Terlingua can likely give you a charge. It's L2 (i.e. slow), but it might save your butt. And you are within an easy walk of good food and alcohol at the Starlight Theater, should you need to kill a couple hours as you charge up. I'm not affiliated with them but I've stayed there a few times and they are very accommodating for the EVs.

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS
No transformer, pad ready.
No meter.

Attachments

• IMG_1356.jpeg
    IMG_1356.jpeg
    478.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1354.jpeg
    IMG_1354.jpeg
    486.9 KB · Views: 74
I have seen a pre-fab installation go in and live as fast as 10 days (Buc-ee’s Adairsville GA) but it’s common to have to wait a while for the transformer and power company side of the installation. More so these days due to longer transformer lead times.

We stopped by last week on the way back from Big Bend. It’s a great location for those going to the park.
And yes, the paved supercharger portion is better than the surrounding dirt lot.

It took me about 2 days to get over my range anxiety. I realized we could easily do everything we wanted in & around the park by charging overnight (our AirBnB had a 50amp RV plug).