Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Antioch, CA (LIVE 20 Mar 2019, 10 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are out here working on a Saturday! Looks like there is going to be 10 supercharger stalls and two more electric vehicle chargers, can anyone provide more info on what they are? It's starting to feel real!!

20190216_135910.jpg

Perfect, that’s actually where I park and hide so I can vape after dropping of my wife at target. :)
Hearing that comment about the snake though, Inremeber standing at the front of the car and hearing movement in the bushes.... sure enough it was a good sized dark colored snake. So stay away from those hedges.

• Informative
Reactions: 127.0.0.0
I heard PGE can take a long time to get power to it.
It's hard to tell because the green paint hides against the green screening on fencing behind it, but it looks like the utility transformer may already be in place (in @BANKWUPT's photo above, look behind the left L2 charger post and the "No Parking" sign to its right). Of course, that doesn't mean that the wiring from the power supply wires to the transformer is in. Nor PG&E is going to schedule the hook-up any time soon. But if that is the transformer hiding back there, at least they won't be waiting on equipment. And, of course, the wiring for the rest of the equipment may not be complete yet either. But from a superficial standpoint, the site does look almost complete. Fast work.

It's hard to tell because the green paint hides against the green screening on fencing behind it, but it looks like the utility transformer may already be in place (in @BANKWUPT's photo above, look behind the left L2 charger post and the "No Parking" sign to its right). Of course, that doesn't mean that the wiring from the power supply wires to the transformer is in. Nor PG&E is going to schedule the hook-up any time soon. But if that is the transformer hiding back there, at least they won't be waiting on equipment. And, of course, the wiring for the rest of the equipment may not be complete yet either. But from a superficial standpoint, the site does look almost complete. Fast work.

It looks a bit small to be the transformer - but like you said we can't tell for sure because of the green on green and where it is located. Looks more like the switching equipment. I may make a drive over to see...

It looks a bit small to be the transformer - but like you said we can't tell for sure because of the green on green and where it is located. Looks more like the switching equipment. I may make a drive over to see...
I take it all back. Mea culpa. That is an unrelated electrical box. Here are two pictures from earlier in the thread. First, @127.0.0.0's from a post on Feb. 1st--you can see that the green box in question was there from before the construction really got started and is unrelated to the superchargers. Then BANKWUPT's from a post on Feb. 9th--you can see that the pad for the supercharger's utility transformer is in a position where it was totally eclipsed by the cabinets and switchgear in the picture I originally commented on (therefore unviewable) and based on supercharger install history is likely still empty.
Antioch_127.jpg

Antioch_BANKWUPT.jpg