Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn, CA (LIVE 3 Feb 2022, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is pretty strange, as the inspector's notes for the second inspection attempt on Friday indicated that the contractor was not there, cabinets were locked up and the plans were not present. If they are waiting for a part from PG&E, then why keep calling for inspection? And Shirley's comments about the missing part being the only reason for the failure is simply not true
Don't shoot the messenger @Yombad . ;)

Relative to the missing part from PG&E being true or not........look, who knows......but, speaking for myself, I believe Shirley vs. an inspectors "notes". No disrespect intended, I just know and have dealt with Placer County so many times and it's seriously like pulling teeth.

The good news is Auburn will soon have a 250kW V3 super charger. Very, very cool.

Reactions: Zorg and rstrauss
Don't shoot the messenger @Yombad . ;)

Relative to the missing part from PG&E being true or not........look, who knows......but, speaking for myself, I believe Shirley vs. an inspectors "notes". No disrespect intended, I just know and have dealt with Placer County so many times and it's seriously like pulling teeth.

The good news is Auburn will soon have a 250kW V3 super charger. Very, very cool.
No shooting here! And I believe the part about something missing from PG&E, but things just don't add up. Why call for inspection if you are not ready? Twice? I've dealt with Placer County many times, and this inspector many times, as well. He wouldn't put what he did in the notes if the contractor was actually present.

Reactions: rstrauss
No shooting here! And I believe the part about something missing from PG&E, but things just don't add up. Why call for inspection if you are not ready? Twice? I've dealt with Placer County many times, and this inspector many times, as well. He wouldn't put what he did in the notes if the contractor was actually present.
Good to know and I appreciate the additional detail. Thanks for your commitment on this and I'll also keep checking every day until it goes live. Have a great weekend. 👍🏼👍🏼

Reactions: Limited
I'm new to this thread and this community. I love the commitment and energy here - thanks to everyone for the intel as we all wait excitedly for things to finalize.

Here's the part I don't understand: why have there now been multiple inspections set up with no contractor present? Is that a common oversight in the business? One would thing we have two professional companies at work here (Tesla and PG&E) - and setting up meetings/inspections where a key party member just doesn't show up not only is unprofessional, but benefits no one.

What gives?

"This feels like one of those ultra-picky Powerwall inspections. Bruce." Welcome to Placer County! Again, just my opinion, but the WORST county to work with on anything. No offense to the inspectors of course, I understand this comes from the top down.
Anyway...yeh...just went to Costco, stopped by.....NO POWER! LOL :)

20220128_155607.jpg

Sounds like a great excuse for a sandwich at Beach Hut Deli for lunch today. And if the inspection is not done by then, maybe a few tacos at 2 at Marias? And if it's still not done, there's always Speedway a block away.

Or the county (city?) could just flunk 'em again, and I'll have eaten 3500 calories for nothing.
Hold off on the calorie binge, yet another "no contractor present" inspection fail, or technically "canceled" this time by the inspector. The notes indicate that the inspector go ahold of someone with the contractor's company and was told that Tesla scheduled the inspection, but no one would be there for the inspector. Such a dysfunctional cluster-F**k.