Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Boardman, OR (LIVE Jun 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, thanks for all the advice. Turns out it wasn’t needed. Starting at 100% at the Dalles, the SR Y is going to make it to Walla Walla with about 20% remaining. Very nice tailwind this afternoon.
2C2157AB-AE8F-4C95-9C2C-F2FD859F8523.jpeg

Second, equipment is on-site. 2 cabinets, so 8 V3. Bases are installed but looks like they are finalizing conduit runs.
843E66C6-1F45-4DBD-92F9-0943AD2CB2B3.jpeg

2A618DEF-5599-47D6-9E12-25C8FA61FBC6.jpeg

So glad it wasn’t needed today. I’d hate to be heading west with a SR today.

First, thanks for all the advice. Turns out it wasn’t needed. Starting at 100% at the Dalles, the SR Y is going to make it to Walla Walla with about 20% remaining. Very nice tailwind this afternoon.
View attachment 798224

Second, equipment is on-site. 2 cabinets, so 8 V3. Bases are installed but looks like they are finalizing conduit runs.
View attachment 798225
View attachment 798226

So glad it wasn’t needed today. I’d hate to be heading west with a SR today.
Actually ended with 10% on the SR. Heading north on 730 with the cross wind wasn’t great. All in all though, The Dalles to Walla Walla is possible in a SR Y with the right conditions and a full charge. Boardman will be a nice insurance policy though when the wind isn’t blowing.

Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Actually ended with 10% on the SR. Heading north on 730 with the cross wind wasn’t great. All in all though, The Dalles to Walla Walla is possible in a SR Y with the right conditions and a full charge. Boardman will be a nice insurance policy though when the wind isn’t blowing.
Definitely check the wind on your return and charge in Kennewick. West winds in excess of 50 mph are not unusual this time of year from Walla Walla to the Dalles.

Darnit!

Drove by today, the chargers are in and have covers on them, the Tesla cabinets are in, but still shrouded. From the outside it looks essentially complete but hard to tell. It cannot be too long! We drive from Tri-Cities and this will be a great top-up spot when heading south on 97 toward Madras/Bend or heading home back through Gorge.

About an hour after you posted this I stopped by and took these pictures. Now you're going to get all the moral credit for the timely update, and because your picture was in the daytime your pictures even look better. :cool:

PXL_20220515_061851482.jpg

PXL_20220515_062042538.jpg

⬆️Thanks for saving me a nice Sunday drive. One thing I haven’t seen mentioned is whether there is a meter installed yet. Otherwise, it looks like it’s ready to go, so if a Tesla rep is available for commissioning, they should have it open before Memorial Day weekend.

Reactions: rovercon
⬆️Thanks for saving me a nice Sunday drive. One thing I haven’t seen mentioned is whether there is a meter installed yet. Otherwise, it looks like it’s ready to go, so if a Tesla rep is available for commissioning, they should have it open before Memorial Day weekend.
I wondered the same. The meter in other recent SuC installs has been to one side of the largest white Tesla cabinet. While it’s partly obscured in these photos, I don’t see it yet.

Reactions: rovercon
Drove by today, the chargers are in and have covers on them, the Tesla cabinets are in, but still shrouded. From the outside it looks essentially complete but hard to tell. It cannot be too long! We drive from Tri-Cities and this will be a great top-up spot when heading south on 97 toward Madras/Bend or heading home back through Gorge.

View attachment 804475

View attachment 804476
1652653955790.png

1652654026212.png

Finaled on Thursday. Guess we’re just waiting for Tesla to provision and turn on. If a meter is in place. Usually the meter goes with the transformer so it should be there. Maybe in the next week. Looks good for our Willamette Valley trip in July.

Last edited:
Darnit!

About an hour after you posted this I stopped by and took these pictures. Now you're going to get all the moral credit for the timely update, and because your picture was in the daytime your pictures even look better. :cool:

View attachment 804591

View attachment 804592

Very cool pics! If I have one gripe about the location, nighttime would be it, there isn't much around once the Sage Center closes down to get a drink, and use any facilities.

We were heading home to Richland on a day trip to drive the Maryhill Loop road which they open once a year to the public, and then hit Rowena Crest and a charge in The Dalles. It was a great day, but we needed nearly a 30 minute charge in The Dalles (150kw shared if busy). If Boardman was open, this would have been cut in half. We drove by Boardman chargers and then hit 730 through Umatilla heading home. Many thanks to other poster(s) who mentioned this was an easy way to be more efficient, at least if you aren't in a big hurry.

This will be awesome. We drive frequently from West Portland to Walla Walla (~245 mi) which is really only in range of MYLR if conditions are ideal (which rarely is the case driving in the Gorge) and you strictly drive the speed limit. Having another charging option at the 2/3rds mark in the journey as opposed to the 1/3 mark will mean a much lower SoC before deciding if a charge is needed - plus a lot faster charging as we’re typically only down to 75% when we hit The Dalles. Can’t wait!

This will be awesome. We drive frequently from West Portland to Walla Walla (~245 mi) which is really only in range of MYLR if conditions are ideal (which rarely is the case driving in the Gorge) and you strictly drive the speed limit. Having another charging option at the 2/3rds mark in the journey as opposed to the 1/3 mark will mean a much lower SoC before deciding if a charge is needed - plus a lot faster charging as we’re typically only down to 75% when we hit The Dalles. Can’t wait!

I would love to test this drive (eastbound) when the wind is really ripping through the Gorge- I bet you could make it no problem. The day we drove the wind wasn't much, but its definitely a noticeable boost so long as you are heading in the right direction. I don't look forward to our first drive toward Portland into a 40mph headwind.

One of the reasons I am so excited about this location is that I did Baker City (I left at about 98% charged) to The Dalles in my early 2020 MYLR in the summer of 2020, and arrived with 1%. The nav did not reroute me to Pendleton along the way. It was definitely the closest I have come to running out. Boardman will be perfectly located for trips like that.

Not sure when I'll be heading on that route next, but very happy for this location. It'll kind suck to not have services late in the day but on long range vehicles heading to Tri Cities or Walla Walla etc you probably will only need like a 20 min charge max.

Interesting to note, looks like Blackstone pulled a OneCall for directional drilling down at Madras on the 12th this month... maybe that's where they're heading next?