Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bonifay, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not complaining but curious about all the new superchargers along the panhandle. Was it really that congested?
The FL panhandle (a/k/a the "Redneck Riviera") has always had a large influx of tourists from the southeast states, so travelling there requires a lot of superchargers, but I'm with you. I don't seem to have any issues getting there. My issue, at least in the past, has been charging while on vacation. Fortunately for me, Panama City Beach has had a supercharger for the last couple of years and that's super close and convenient.

I would think that the majority of visiting Teslas would be in the Ft. Walton, Destin, Seaside & Rosemary Beach areas, but they still don't have a location in those areas. Destin has been on the coming soon list for at least a couple of years, and it actually made the top 5 or 10 locations picked by owners worldwide for this year. So, maybe we will see one there soon.

Bonifay, FL

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Busy Bee
Along Primary Interstates: I-10
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-90
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-10

To: Chipley, FL - 8.7 miles (Permit)
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: Marianna, FL - 31.1 miles

US-90

To: Chipley, FL - 13 miles (Permit)
Diversion: 4.2 miles
To: Marianna, FL - 35.2 miles

Charging on I-10 (also US-90 indirectly) that further relieves DeFuniak Springs.
Chipley, FL hasn't had any movement for 200 days so this probably replaces that one.

I stopped by this evening. It was getting dark early with all the clouds. I could not really see anything. What I could see was a police car parked on the short access road off to the west. So I'll do some community service (nosing around) at another time.
It was worth the little detour to hear the Tesla navigation system pronounce "Waukesha."

The FL panhandle (a/k/a the "Redneck Riviera") has always had a large influx of tourists from the southeast states, so travelling there requires a lot of superchargers, but I'm with you. I don't seem to have any issues getting there. My issue, at least in the past, has been charging while on vacation. Fortunately for me, Panama City Beach has had a supercharger for the last couple of years and that's super close and convenient.

I would think that the majority of visiting Teslas would be in the Ft. Walton, Destin, Seaside & Rosemary Beach areas, but they still don't have a location in those areas. Destin has been on the coming soon list for at least a couple of years, and it actually made the top 5 or 10 locations picked by owners worldwide for this year. So, maybe we will see one there soon.

There's one in Gulf Breeze that is likely days away from opening, and a permit was recently filed for one to be built in Destin.

I'm also kind of surprised at the recent attention the Panhandle has received, and I'm a local.

My theory on new superchargers being built very close together (particularly on I-10) is that Tesla is setting the groundwork for the Semi. This site, while initially being built for cars, could be converted for a Tesla Semi charging spot. There are other spots along I-10 that seem like locations that could be flipped into Semi charging locations.

My theory on new superchargers being built very close together (particularly on I-10) is that Tesla is setting the groundwork for the Semi. This site, while initially being built for cars, could be converted for a Tesla Semi charging spot. There are other spots along I-10 that seem like locations that could be flipped into Semi charging locations.

More likely they're preparing to charge non-Tesla EVs.

Sounds like this one is still in the works.