Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brooklyn, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

New Supercharger under construction at the Sheetz on Casacde Crossing, in Brooklyn OH. 8 stalls are being built behind the building, in the parking stalls along the drive-thru.

One of my first PlugShare finds in a long time:
Sheetz - 10315 Cascade Crossing, Brooklyn, OH, 44144
PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

F7E8A87F-08EA-4CA4-927E-8B23F23D1309.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: MarcoRP
Just charged there today. It's up and running. Hit peak of 144 kW at 30% SOC on my mid 2016-MS90D, which is about as high as I think I've every observed with my car. Allowed bypassing the Macedonia, OH site which I was anticipating might be really busy.

Just FYI, if you're planning to stop at the Chipotle next door, at least today they were only taking on-line orders, but allowed me to walk up to the drive through to pick up our order while my car was charging.

Brooklyn site also now shows up on google maps. Submitted it day or so ago and received confirmation yesterday that the add was approved.

If you're interested, here's the charging curve from my MS90D when I charged on 12/26.
1640792471869.png
1640792471869.png

How does this location go from just rough construction on the 18th to fully operational in a week?
Construction projects are all about having the right materials, equipment, and personnel available at the right time. Actual time to construct is not really that long. Most of the time you typically see is due to waiting on either material, equipment, or personnel coordinated across multiple different companies and government entities.

Traveled to this site for the first time on Sunday January 2, 2021. The location is very good in general and is also good for me since there is no other Superchargers on my route until Erie, PA. The first, farthest north, charge unit I tried only gave me only 3kW. Moved to another unit and got 52kW which I think was limited because car had cold soaked over night and did not have long enough to precondition before getting to the Supercharger. Other people trying to charge also had some problems with one of the other chargers and had to move to a new one. It would be nice if the car would tell you which units are broken so you didn't have to keep trying new ones! Seems like this site must have come out of the gates with some equipment problems. Anyway, there were some other available charger units that were working so I got charged up and made it home no problem.