Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (7710 El Camino Real, LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not new. The shopping center has been mostly empty for years. Even Vons and US Bank couldn't make it here- they pulled out. Vons is now a gym called Equinox at $179 a month if you can afford it.
There's been construction going on for years - mostly cosmetic. The owners are clueless in my opinion. Probably want too much rent.

Not new. The shopping center has been mostly empty for years. Even Vons and US Bank couldn't make it here- they pulled out. Vons is now a gym called Equinox at $179 a month if you can afford it.
There's been construction going on for years - mostly cosmetic. The owners are clueless in my opinion. Probably want too much rent.
That used to be Vons?! Dang! The BofA behind it was weird. It doesn’t have a walk up ATM.

I haven’t been to this SC in a long time. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the center is finally starting to fill in with some nice options. Various eateries and drink options.

My favorite so far is La Costa Wine at the far end of the center. Impressive selection. Cheeses and tastings. We selected one tasting. I had a sip, my GF drank the rest. Left with a bottle.
885880A5-6657-4D65-8528-63C0B26A2B65.jpeg

Moderator note: The following three posts were merged from a different thread.

Anybody heard if there are any plans to update the 3-year-old Supercharger station in the Carlsbad CA La Costa Beacon shopping center from V2 to V3? there are two V3 Superchargers in San Diego North County, but considering the density of Teslas in this area, having this station updated to V3 (250 kW max) would be very useful…anyway, just wondering if anyone has heard about upgrading plans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tesla generally doesn't rip and replace, they just add capacity. Judging by the comments in the thread for that site, it's not exactly been a hit attraction, so I wouldn't expect anything.
There’s a thread for that site? Mind pointing me to to it? I searched and couldn’t find one; obviously search fail on my part, but if you’d give me a link, maybe I can figure out how I missed finding it. Thanks in advance!

Supercharge.info usually links to tmc threads if you click on 'discuss'.

Really wish they would upgrade this Supercharger. My folks live in the area and I use it quite often since it's convenient. 72 kW is painful when you are low. At least it's cheap. I'll probably drive over to the Encinitas Blvd v3 Supercharger once they open that. 8 stalls might make it busy though.

Really wish they would upgrade this Supercharger. My folks live in the area and I use it quite often since it's convenient. 72 kW is painful when you are low. At least it's cheap. I'll probably drive over to the Encinitas Blvd v3 Supercharger once they open that. 8 stalls might make it busy though.
They aren't exactly breaking speed records opening up Encinitas. I'm still mystified why they are only installing 8 stalls.