Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chino Hills, CA (LIVE 21 Jul 2021, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeap when you look at the map there's a giant gap ga this area, it's odd because they put the Pomona service center off the 57 why not put some supercharger there
If you mean directly with the service center, Tesla stopped co-locating superchargers with service centers. As the centers have become busier and started doing deliveries out of them as well, the service centers ended up monopolizing the chargers and needing to maintain access to keep up their throughput. So it became a big inconvenience for both the service center and for owners trying to get charged. Result, no more publicly accessible superchargers at new service centers.

The gap isn't odd at all. It's very much in line with Tesla's supercharger strategy for the area. In the LA area, Tesla has focused supercharger build out on the major North-South freeways. Of the E-W freeways, only the 91 has any sort of decent coverage. Essentially everything else is along the 5, 405, or the 15 (or 215) and some do double duty for an E-W freeway with some detour. A few months ago I wouldn't even have listed the 91 as really having coverage, but with the new location in Anaheim Hills it's enough. Hopefully, they'll start putting something along the 210, 10, and 60 before too long.

Pomona service center/parts warehouse doesn't have room. The front parking lot is always full with employee's car and side is full with customer's car. I think Tesla should put the Pomona supercharger at Grand/Valley, large plaza with plenty of option and very close to 57/60. Sheriff station across the street is another nice bonus :p

Just a heads up! PLEASE DON'T GET EXCITED. That giant white tent is for something completely different. I drove by the tent and saw the dumpster behind sait andw insulation and wood...neither of which means EV chargers. I peeked I side the tent and it a bunch of parts for the store.

They are digging towards the front of the shopps where the food is....I got excited and it made the most sense, but then I saw a landscaping truck aaaand another false alarm.

We gotta do something about this...

Attachments

• 41651664-E4E3-4A89-92B6-3ED51D4B3627.jpeg
    41651664-E4E3-4A89-92B6-3ED51D4B3627.jpeg
    733.2 KB · Views: 324
Maybe you all are misunderstanding what happened? Tesla was told that to build the site, either as it was being proposed or just in the location they wanted, they would have to get an additional approval. That's all. It wasn't some huge barrier to their plans, just an added hurdle and one I'm sure they've dealt with at dozens of other locations. The only real significance is that it would likely delay construction some and add a bit of cost to shepherd the project through the extra process. Not major issues and definitely not enough to scare them off if they were dead-set on a location. However, if Tesla was considering more than one location in an area, it might be enough to steer them to Site B where the underlying situation was different.

Reactions: miimura