Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clovis, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐

Attachments

• 1668724296003.png
    1668724296003.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 244
Clovis, NM

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Blake's Lotaburger
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-60, US-70, US-84
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-60

To: Amarillo - E Interstate 40, TX - 115.3 miles
Diversion: 5.9 miles
To: Miner, MO (v2) - 907.3 miles

US-70

To: Ardmore, OK (v2) - 380.9 miles
To: Little Rock, AR (v2) - 697.6 miles

US-84

To: Sweetwater, TX (v2) - 225.5 miles
To: Waco, TX - 469.9 miles

To: Lubbock (SC), TX (NM-209, l, US-84, TX-FM179, l) - 106.7 miles

Somewhat of a diversion, but a very significant hole-filler.

Allows drivers more easily to cut the corner from Santa Rosa, NM to Lubbock, TX along US-84.
Splits on US-60, being the first of 3 Superchargers that would be needed cut the corner from I-10 at Las Cruces, NM to I-40 at Amarillo, TX.
Also splits on US-70.

With Clovis permitted, and Roswell NM in the top twenty for supercharger voting, maybe this charging hole in SE NM will finally get filled.

Does anyone think that Francis energy will get their chargers online before Tesla?
Be nice if they did but their rates suck golf balls through a garden hose.

The Clovis SuC is no longer listed as coming soon on the Tesla supercharger website. Perhaps the map is only listing sites that are likely to be built this CY, either way a very discouraging sign. This is almost necessary for the Lubbock -> Santa Rosa/I-40 route.

The Clovis SuC is no longer listed as coming soon on the Tesla supercharger website. Perhaps the map is only listing sites that are likely to be built this CY, either way a very discouraging sign. This is almost necessary for the Lubbock -> Santa Rosa/I-40 route.
That IS a bummer! At 204 miles, I suppose I could make it from Lubbock to Santa Rosa (going through Ft. Sumner) but in my Model Y, I'd have to drive pretty slow. If the West Texas Wind is true to form, it could be a very "interesting" drive.

That IS a bummer! At 204 miles, I suppose I could make it from Lubbock to Santa Rosa (going through Ft. Sumner) but in my Model Y, I'd have to drive pretty slow. If the West Texas Wind is true to form, it could be a very "interesting" drive.
One day the wind stopped blowing in West Texas, everybody fell over. . . . . .

One day the wind stopped blowing in West Texas, everybody fell over. . . . . .

It’s such a strange sensation when there’s no wind. Like in a horror movie when the characters have a moment of calm. You just feel that something bad is about to happen.

Then you hear it. A high pitched bbbuuzzzz of a blood sucking or biting insect thinking that the inside of your ear is a tasty meal or a nice place to lay its eggs.

30 seconds later the wind starts blowing again.

Anyways as long as the bugs out here are blown away from my ears, we’ll need chargers every 150 miles or so.

I don’t think I could make it in my MYLR.
I did it in a MYP (with Gemini wheels installed) last summer with temps in the low 100s. Charged to 100% in Lubbock and the car was telling me to turn around as soon as I left Lubbock. Pressed on and made it to Santa Rosa with a little to spare. I did keep it at the speed limit and had AC set a little high until I was sure I would make it! This Clovis location sure would make it a lot less nerve-wracking.