Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbus GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I went from North Atlanta to 30A area. what a pleasure to go thru Columbus in my model 3. the car preconditioned the battery as I neared the Columbus charger. I arrived there with ~125 miles left. while these V3 chargers are rated for 250Kw, my charge began at 170Kw. As usual the rate declined rapidly as the car reached 80%. Since I was on a trip to FL, I had set the limit to 100% but I stopped at 283mi as the charge rate was so slow.
When new, my AWD long range M3 was able to get 310miles. Now after 2 years and 4 months (16Kmiles) I am lucky to get to 288 at a full charge.
I have owned a Model S for 4 years before this one. so I have waited 6+ years for this very important location to get a Supercharger. I am very happy.

Pls let me know if any M3 owners see a charge rate of higher than 170Kw.
Can Confirm with Big Earl
I started just above 210kW

Attachments

• 710999.jpg
    710999.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 62
I didn't take a picture, but I got 251kW and 1070 mph charge at the beginning of my charge on the return trip. I was just under 20% battery on a LR model 3 and no one else was at the charger at that time.... didn't last long at that speed, but was fun to see ;)
Yeah.... these "non-sharing " chargers are nice. Especially when you set them as your destination and they pre-condition as you get close so they can handle higher charge rates. The lower your level, the higher they charge - but it drops fairly quickly. If you're at the mindset of charging 'just enough to your destination' (plus a buffer), you will get out of there fast. If you insist on filling completely - you're gonna be there a while.

Awesome news! I was getting pounded by the wife because she was able to take her GLE400 from Kennesaw to our place at Panama City Beach in just over 5 hours, but the Tesla (routed through Auburn/Defuniak) was regularly 7 hours+ ('17 MS 90D, 100% is probably 280 or so). Ha! Now it will be much more manageable. Thrilled!

For the record, they were resurfacing this parking lot on Friday and had half of the stations blocked off. But it was showing up in Tesla's systems as completely closed, which was a real shock for travelers ... Fortunately it actually was working.