Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - East Point, GA - N Commerce Dr

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed live.

Attachments

• IMG_0682.jpeg
    IMG_0682.jpeg
    484.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0681.jpeg
    IMG_0681.jpeg
    611.3 KB · Views: 40
Checked out the station today. I will say it’s a bit tough getting the handle out of the magic dock adapter. Took me a couple tries. I only used the handicap space for the picture I didn’t take one up😂

Attachments

• IMG_3866.jpeg
    IMG_3866.jpeg
    733.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3881.jpeg
    IMG_3881.jpeg
    791.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3889.jpeg
    IMG_3889.jpeg
    394.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3887.jpeg
    IMG_3887.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3894.jpeg
    IMG_3894.jpeg
    634.9 KB · Views: 35
I've got a question for the community, and this is as good a place as any to ask it.

I stopped by here with a family member and their brand new Model Y -- it was our first stop after the car pickup at Tesla's Fayetteville shop. We got only 33 kW at first, eventually 44. However, A) we had high SOC of ~75%, B) had not preconditioned the battery, and C) later found that he had not set up his credit card -- despite my warning :)

Regarding C above, he later noted an onscreen warning about the credit card. But we DID get a charge, albeit a slow one. Does Tesla have a baked-in behavior of allowing a free, slow charge the very first time you try to supercharge? Or charging really slow? Of course the slow charge could have been due to A and/or B, but it did seem abnormally slow even for a Tesla.

FYI the whole time we were there, this new site was completely empty and available, while the older site nearby (at the Target) was full -- with cars waiting! This site DOES appear in Tesla nav now, but old habits die hard I guess..

I've got a question for the community, and this is as good a place as any to ask it.

I stopped by here with a family member and their brand new Model Y -- it was our first stop after the car pickup at Tesla's Fayetteville shop. We got only 33 kW at first, eventually 44. However, A) we had high SOC of ~75%, B) had not preconditioned the battery, and C) later found that he had not set up his credit card -- despite my warning :)

Regarding C above, he later noted an onscreen warning about the credit card. But we DID get a charge, albeit a slow one. Does Tesla have a baked-in behavior of allowing a free, slow charge the very first time you try to supercharge? Or charging really slow? Of course the slow charge could have been due to A and/or B, but it did seem abnormally slow even for a Tesla.

FYI the whole time we were there, this new site was completely empty and available, while the older site nearby (at the Target) was full -- with cars waiting! This site DOES appear in Tesla nav now, but old habits die hard I guess..
Good questions…
I have visited a supercharger that was showing “offline” before, I assume due to cell or Internet connection issues, but I charged at full speed. And I got billed a short time later. :(
Wow, those Tesla drivers at the other site are major league clueless rookies! :)

This has actually happened to me before in a way. I got a new card and forgot to change it out in the Tesla app. I charged the car once and it sent me a message about my card was declined, and to update my card information. I didn't see this message (it was an email), until I arrived at the hotel 1 more charging stop later. The email said to update my card info as soon as possible or I could loose access to the SC network. It didn't say after how long however. When I updated my card information though, I wasn't charged for the 2 charges where my card was expired (Free energy). I think Tesla will still let you use the network, but cut you off after a time, when they realize you aren't going to pay. Also, if it was a Model Y AWD with the 4680 pack that's perfectly normal for 75% SOC. (Source: A disgruntled Model Y AWD owner) It was cold in ATL today so the no preconditioning could cause that charge rate of a 2170 LR as well. It isn't abnormal though.

Might as well link to Kim's video, since it was indeed shot at this location:

With all these new V4 sites standing by (with unused MagicDock / CCS hardware) I'm hoping that Thursday's Cybertruck event will also A) give us clarity on how Tesla will support charging of 800V drivetrains, and B) be the moment when they turn on the CCS capability at these sites. If so expect a crush of Youtube videos and other social media of people charging their non-Tesla vehicles, that same night even :)

Reactions: ggunn9
I did pull the cable out to check that. It would NOT have been long enough to reach if the car was backed all the way in, but might have been if I was pulled out a bit, to align my rear bumper with the dispenser's cable outlet. I did not check nose-in parking. After chatting up a few curious Tesla owners, I was eager to get out of there before the traffic bomb went off. Will do more tests next time! Assuming the site isn't super busy -- this one had about 30-50% of the stations in use during the ~30 minutes I was there so I was never crowding anyone.

The app didn't work so great, getting stuck in a loop due to incomplete profile. Details in Plugshare.