Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Conifer, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And now the front panels are in! (photo by wife)

2020-08-20.jpg

Boom, baby! Noticed that the location was showing in nav this morning so I stopped in. Not a good test of speed as my SoC was too high. It's listed as 120 kW (clearly not correct) and I topped out at about 130 kW today. I'm guessing they'll correct the listed speed when they're confident all is well and they add the plug availability to navigation.

PXL_20200905_150420163.jpg
PXL_20200905_150405202.jpg

When we were there last night and didn't notice any progress, we talked to an employee there with a white Model S. He said he would be done in about an hour and that they should probably remove the caution tape and finish up this weekend. We stopped by an hour later after a trip to Sonic down the road and plugged in and didn't even need to move any of the buckets. ;)

2020-09-05.jpg

When we were there last night and didn't notice any progress, we talked to an employee there with a white Model S. He said he would be done in about an hour and that they should probably remove the caution tape and finish up this weekend. We stopped by an hour later after a trip to Sonic down the road and plugged in and didn't even need to move any of the buckets. ;)

View attachment 584751
For future reference, seeing an employee with a Tesla on site usually means activation is imminent. They often won't tell you that it will be ready later that day because they don't want to overpromise just in case something goes wrong with their testing.

So I guess the CyberTruck or Model X towing uses the far left stall and "only" blocks 2 chargers? (Better than some where it could be 3 or 4 LOL..) When is Tesla going to make more pull-in stalls? What is their plan to make towing easy and not disruptive to non-towers?

Need to re-design Superchargers to come in from above with a swivel mount to accommodate any possible vehicle's chargeport location. Or go a step farther and have the charger sense the situation (of the chargeport) and automatically connect without human intervention (Think COVID solution). How many of you have not wiped - before or after?

And sure enough, by Monday, we find evidence that people suck. Someone brought a shopping cart down and ditched it between stalls. Otherwise, really excited for this location! I was able to start charging successfully, but was already at 80%, so I only plugged in as a test.

Attachments

• PXL_20200908_052324410.jpg
    PXL_20200908_052324410.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Funny
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
Worked great! Fast charge. I didn’t need it, but wanted to test it out. I was surprised to see it appear on my map. This will be very helpful going ‘South’ (West). It’s at the top of the hill. With camping gear and two bikes on top, I could have used a charge to avoid range anxiety. Conifer Cafe is right there. Coffee and a large cookie hit the spot, but meals looked like good, hearty cafe eggs and potatoes type stuff.