Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger credits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s what happens. There’s no confirmatory indication it’s free, it just never appears in history in your online account
Cool. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

My nearest supercharger is about 20miles away so it is bit of a trek. I think i'll save those miles for my trips to Leicester to see family.

I noticed we have some free chargers at our town centre multi-stories (which have free parking at weekends) so i may make a trip there this weekend. They're provided by GMEV (Greater Manchester Electric Vehicle scheme) in partnership with CYC. CYC have a £20 annual subscription so I think it is worth signing up for the free charging alone :)

Type 2 points so will be sufficient if staying for a couple of hours.

Hi all,
Sorry to be resurrecting this thread but thought I’d share a nugget with you whilst I’m sat at a public charger o_O

I called Tesla yesterday to speak to them about a couple of things and I asked about the supercharging on the day you pick the car up (like I did - as described above).

The chap advised that although the car was handed over to me, their systems showed it as still being under their ownership and thus I would not have been charged :) I asked if there is any retrospective deduction from my referral miles or charge to my card and he said there wouldn’t be and I just got some free electrons :D

Hope this helps future owners :) obviously it would depend on when Tesla systems update so it may not always be the case, but from what I have read above and elsewhere it seem that a lot of people didn’t get charged for their first session on delivery day :cool:

Loving my car. Having a 32A commando fitted at home next week so will enjoy the daily ‘full tank’ (to 70, 80, 90%) :cool:

Reactions: Roy W.