Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick question - Referral and buyer credits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning to order a Y before their £3000 offer ends. I have read somewhere but can’t find the details. Can I apply as referrer and buyer - they offer SC credits for referrer and buyer gets £250 off? If I apply this way will the SC credits go to my current Model 3 (used as referrer) and if so how do I transfer that to my new Model Y? And my final question is this correct way to do the referrer and buyer credits? I have to do it ASAP, so anyone who read those posts and know about this please let me know.

They have a “loyalty” section for self referrals. You get the £250 but no SC.

So you may as well use someone else’s link so they get SC miles and you still get £250.

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpeg
    IMG_1811.jpeg
    351.3 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: spdpsba
But were you able to transfer this to your new car? My question is relevant as I am going to return the Model 3. So don’t want to get stuck with free credits on the lease car.
Sorry I wasn’t clear - I don’t believe you can transfer credit. I’m not sure if the free miles are attached to the car or the account, but I would doubt you could get ’double bubble’ easily, or everyone would be doing it…

You can’t transfer credits between accounts

The best you could do is set up a new account, use that to buy the car using the referral code, then transfer the new car back to the original account once you’ve taken delivery

And hope Tesla don’t realise as the T&Cs talk about referrals being used in good faith etc, and used as above is clearly not the way intended as they also offer a loyalty option.

I’m sure nobody who supports the Tesla mission so vocally would also try to game the referral system as if it was a victimless crime. That would be hypocritical :)

I just used the loyalty section of the app to lease a Y…no pending credits yet
Whilst I did order my 3 on the same account, it got transferred to OctopusEV lease. No idea what will actually happen, there weren’t any clear T&C restrictions as I went thro the process

Reactions: Oxid8ter
Yep, but it isn’t clear enough as to what ‘own’ means in this case. I assume (since points aren’t pending) even tho I ordered the car, leasing isn’t ownership and hence I won’t be eligible for loyalty benefits at all 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yep, but it isn’t clear enough as to what ‘own’ means in this case. I assume (since points aren’t pending) even tho I ordered the car, leasing isn’t ownership and hence I won’t be eligible for loyalty benefits at all 🤷🏻‍♂️
Same happened to me with Tesla saying I was not the owner. The only consolation was they repaid my £200 advance because of the glitch. Probably not much of a loss other than £50 which was the loyalty benefit at that time.

Appreciate it wasn’t the original ask, but been told that lease drivers have no benefits and figured that was worth a note here.
If you own (in the strict sense of the term lol) a Tesla already and want to lease another, you would only currently get 1500 (not 15000) loyalty credits too.
Slightly annoying the option to refer etc is even there and the credit figures aren’t clearer if you choose to fund differently.

Appreciate it wasn’t the original ask, but been told that lease drivers have no benefits and figured that was worth a note here.
If you own (in the strict sense of the term lol) a Tesla already and want to lease another, you would only currently get 1500 (not 15000) loyalty credits too.
Slightly annoying the option to refer etc is even there and the credit figures aren’t clearer if you choose to fund differently.
Do we know what they define as a Lease? Is this akin to Lex Autolease/Tusker/Arval, or does it include PCP and Hire Purchase?

If the latter, then that will make sense why a lot of people never saw there credits...

I imagine this is as crude as the primary Tesla account with fiull access v a delegated access which you get with some lease and company schemes. My first Tesla was a company car and maybe it was so long ago the rules were different but I had full access and referrals. I'm not sure how else Tesla would know otherwise. In other words, its not really the funding/commercials that matter, but how the carf appears in your account and some companies may give you full access, and others might not.

Reactions: Oxid8ter