Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, CA - Amador Plaza (LIVE, 14 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thumb_IMG_5216_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_5217_1024.jpg

Stopped by yesterday to walk around and briefly used a HPWC. Looking forward to the SC's being up!

I stopped by Friday (8/21). The place looks great. Took a test ride in a new P90D w/Ludicrous mode. I expected the launch to be even more dramatic than it was (hope you'll all co-sign my upcoming formal complaint letter to Elon), but the cornering on a curved freeway on-ramp blew me away. There's just no way a 2 1/2 ton 4 door sedan should be able to do what this car can do. My E63 AMG sure can't.

Looking forward to functioning superchargers at this site so I can stop by and join the list of owners who've gotten their chastising email for acting on the premise that "free supercharging for life" meant free supercharging for life.

Flash.jpg

WHAT??!!. How dare they question my electricity use?

Went down there this morning, really nice location and setup. Little disappointed that there wasn't an American flag flying on the large flag poll in front but outside of that, it's a nice setup. Saw a really sweet custom seat setup in one of the cars that was there.

Jeff

Dropped by for an hour today, met a lot of great people. There must have been 60+ people there. I also saw a couple nice custom cars. Great place and location.
The Supercharges are tied wrap to the holster.
20150823_114548_Richtone(HDR).jpg
20150823_102834_Richtone(HDR).jpg
20150823_102852_Richtone(HDR).jpg
20150823_111756_Richtone(HDR).jpg
20150823_114530_Richtone(HDR)~01.jpg
20150823_114607_Richtone(HDR)~01.jpg
20150823_114453_Richtone(HDR)(cropped).jpg

Attachments

• 20150823_114552_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20150823_114552_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 498
My wife, son, and I stopped in this morning. This was our first time going to any sort of Tesla gathering...I have never seen so many Model Ss in one place before.

We got to meet and talk to some great folks...we showed up about the same time as a couple in a brown Model S, and as we all hopped out of cars, their first words to us were, "Here's another color they don't make any more!" (Mine is silver.) That was the first of several interesting conversations we had with other owners. My son spotted JPP's car and we introduced ourselves very briefly. Seeing all of these other Teslas (especially the customized ones) easily made my son's weekend...he probably could have stayed there the whole day.

I talked to some of the service folks because I wanted to see if I could transfer a service appointment I have scheduled in Fremont in a few weeks to Dublin. They're open now for service but they're still getting their stock of parts, business cards, etc. (The answer to my question was basically "yes" but I need to call them tomorrow to really arrange for it.)

My wife, son, and I stopped in this morning. This was our first time going to any sort of Tesla gathering...I have never seen so many Model Ss in one place before.

We got to meet and talk to some great folks...we showed up about the same time as a couple in a brown Model S, and as we all hopped out of cars, their first words to us were, "Here's another color they don't make any more!" (Mine is silver.) That was the first of several interesting conversations we had with other owners. My son spotted JPP's car and we introduced ourselves very briefly. Seeing all of these other Teslas (especially the customized ones) easily made my son's weekend...he probably could have stayed there the whole day.

I talked to some of the service folks because I wanted to see if I could transfer a service appointment I have scheduled in Fremont in a few weeks to Dublin. They're open now for service but they're still getting their stock of parts, business cards, etc. (The answer to my question was basically "yes" but I need to call them tomorrow to really arrange for it.)

Nice to see you there---yes, Tesla owners really support the company and each other. FWIW, I was talking to one of the staff there. They only sent invites out to a 15 mile radius, and got like over 100 'yes' replies. It was through this thread that I arranged an invite (pay it forward, pay it back). Thanks.

Anyone hear of updates with the superchargers' ETA?

I stopped by the hunting store across the street (unrelated shopping) and they had a sign up saying they're expecting a PGE downage on 9/2/2015 hence their store will be closed for an hour or so. Progress!

Anyone hear of updates with the superchargers' ETA?

I stopped by the hunting store across the street (unrelated shopping) and they had a sign up saying they're expecting a PGE downage on 9/2/2015 hence their store will be closed for an hour or so. Progress!

I called the Dublin SC today and I was told they are expecting the Superchargers to go LIVE around the middle of September (approx. 2 weeks); but they do not have an exact date.

Well, I was there today and got a different story. They said 4-6 weeks from today due to PG&E. I was sad because I hoped for it before my next LA trip in late Sept. Maybe we'll get lucky. Sorry, can't seem to get these pix to rotate properly.:scared:
View attachment 93188
Dub 1.jpg

I also discussed my need for the Dublin SC since I often run low getting up from Harris Ranch. They told me that within a year, there will be 2 SCs on the 5 north of Harris Ranch to fill in the gap.

Attachments

• Dub 2 sign.jpg
    Dub 2 sign.jpg
    969.4 KB · Views: 694
Well, I was there today and got a different story. They said 4-6 weeks from today due to PG&E. I was sad because I hoped for it before my next LA trip in late Sept. Maybe we'll get lucky. Sorry, can't seem to get these pix to rotate properly.:scared:
View attachment 93188View attachment 93189

I also discussed my need for the Dublin SC since I often run low getting up from Harris Ranch. They told me that within a year, there will be 2 SCs on the 5 north of Harris Ranch to fill in the gap.

Alternatively Fresno now has SCharger permits so Highway 99 corridor will be an option to SoCal.

I was over at Dublin a couple times this weekend for a service visit. The Supercharger pedestals now have weather covers over them that say "coming soon", so whenever they finally go on-line they'll still be looking nice and spiffy.