Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Early, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We will be trying to make it all the way to Clyde from South Austin on this trip about 220m and we have a 2023 LR. Hoping we don’t have to bail out sooner.
I made it to Clyde just fine, albeit from north Austin. I expect you will be fine. If I recall correctly, you could stop in Cisco if you are getting low. I went through there, but bypassed the chargers successfully and made it to Clyde in one go. It's kind of nice that we are getting enough chargers built that you can bypass some, even in the middle of nowhere...

Reactions: Electroman
Decided today to visit both the Early and San Angelo sites today.

No signs of any construction in Early yet. Hopefully with the San Angelo Supercharger practically done (just missing the utility's transformer) and the Hamilton Supercharger in the middle of construction, this one in Early isn't far behind.
As a fellow Abilene resident, I am quite anxiously waiting for the these 2 sites to come online. With Hamilton now complete I hope they ramp up Early.
We have a 2019 M3 LR. Not sure I could make it to Early and San Angelo in one day. How do you manage that? I can imagine it must have been a long day without access to Superchargers along the route.

As a fellow Abilene resident, I am quite anxiously waiting for the these 2 sites to come online. With Hamilton now complete I hope they ramp up Early.
We have a 2019 M3 LR. Not sure I could make it to Early and San Angelo in one day. How do you manage that? I can imagine it must have been a long day without access to Superchargers along the route.

Lol, I did the trip in my ICE car since the round trip milage on that route would have exceeded my Model Y's range. Ended up being about 4hrs round trip. Just turned-on Spotify on my phone and cruised. I was also bored that day and had nothing else going on.

Reactions: TheGrumpyChad
The gap without superchargers for 100 miles west of DFW on I-20 is appalling. I live in Dallas and have a camp event near Graford (about half way) and have to rely on 12A charging there, or big charge in Ft Worth SC in case something is unavailable.

• Informative
Reactions: Electroman
The gap without superchargers for 100 miles west of DFW on I-20 is appalling. I live in Dallas and have a camp event near Graford (about half way) and have to rely on 12A charging there, or big charge in Ft Worth SC in case something is unavailable.
Sounds like the new site you want to keep an eye on is in Santo (87125 I-20, Santo, TX 76472). There is a thread on this forum about it. I believe its just waiting on them turn on the power.
I think we are planning on attending the DFW National Drive Electric Week event at Tanger Outlets Fort Worth later this afternoon. I will stop in Santo on the way to see if they have made any progress.

No sign of construction today! Busy, small lot. I concur it's not a great place for even a 4-stall supercharger..

Did you happen to check the CEFCO across the street? Just curious since several new construction Superchargers around this area have been at CEFCOs. I have a theory (not backed up by any hard evidence) that this one is actually going in there and the TDLR filing is wrong. This Starbucks just doesn't have the room for one as is.

Did you happen to check the CEFCO across the street? Just curious since several new construction Superchargers around this area have been at CEFCOs. I have a theory (not backed up by any hard evidence) that this one is actually going in there and the TDLR filing is wrong. This Starbucks just doesn't have the room for one as is.
The CEFCO does make more sense. I've driven thru Early several times and haven't noticed any construction yet. But the Starbucks lot just doesn't appear large enough. Plenty of room at the CEFCO across the street. When I drive thru I check both locations.

• Helpful
Reactions: growler23
This does NOT confirm Supercharger construction as there was no sign of any Tesla hardware on site... But there is a large plot of land next to the Starbucks with some sort of construction going on. Took a look at the GIS database for Early and both plots aren't owned by the same group so it may be nothing. TDLR permit still shows 117 Early Blvd (The Starbucks). The GIS shows the empty plot where I saw the construction going on as 113 Early Blvd.

Still no idea if the construction at 113 Early Blvd has anything to do with the Supercharger or if it really is going in at the Starbucks (no obvious space for a Supercharger) or possibly the CEFCO across the street.

The picture I took was from the Starbucks parking lot looking towards the plot of land at 113 Early Blvd.

1701567331419.png

IMG_1863.JPG

Any updates on this SC? It’s been 9 months since the filing. This location would be great for Austin to Lubbock trip.
I haven't been by since before Christmas. There was some big construction project going on right next to the Starbucks, but I don't know what it is. There was no obvious work being done at either the Starbucks itself or the CEFCO across the street. I'll be able to make a trip down in a week or two in order to check if no one else posts any updates.

Reactions: Seyed