Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - El Centro, CA (8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3451 S Dogwood Ave Ste #100 El Centro CA 92243 is the address for the Mall office. I have calls in for an update. I will probably get a response on Monday. Not even security knew anything about any Supercharger construction anywhere around the mall today when I called. I kinda think it was the 'weekend' crew!

Plans are still at The City of El Centro CA. {They may be waiting to be picked up [the permit] by the contractor} Mall management does not have a date when construction will begin or any other new information. Yikes! So I guess a long delay, maybe by December 31st 2014. That is "soon" in the language of Tesla, although "soon" has sometimes meant years in the language of Tesla also!!
i.e. Tesla's center console, Chademo adapter etc!

Just checked the status of the permit, and it looks like it passed through at least one part of the planning review just a few days ago on September 17, but is still in review with the building application review and "COMM Plan Review for Fees," which all seem to be run by the same person. It appears that the permit is actively being looked at now. So, it looks like a little progress is finally happening.

Last edited:
I'm a resident of a small town called Heber, which is about 2.55 miles away south from the confirmed location of the El Centro Supercharger. Here's an update of the construction progress. There's been some activity going on around the south-end of the Sears parking lot:

IMG_20140920_175720_edit.jpg

IMG_20140920_175749_edit.jpg

IMG_20140920_175618_edit.jpg

IMG_20140920_175622_edit.jpg

IMG_20140920_175746_edit.jpg

Quite likely, Ron8853. Imperial Irrigation District covers all of Imperial County and some of Riverside County. There is a map on the California utility grid website (or some such, I don't recall off the top of my head,) that shows all the electric utilities in the state. It is possible that El Centro has its own municipal electric utility, but I don't know without looking at that chart.

The construction of The Future Tesla supercharging station HAS NOT STARTED. The trailers etc. belong to the tenants of the mall and are used for storage. This confirmed to me today by mall manage management! I'm sure construction will begin this year but it HAS NOT STARTED YET.

Last edited:
Hats off to Lloyd of San Luis who was able to corral that map! Yes, El Centro as well as Indio are within the boundaries of the Imperial Irrigation District. Perhaps Tesla as well as IID have learned a thing or two about the necessity of having all the pieces ready and available for a smooth construction and installation!

Construction of the supercharger at the mall in El Centro CA will begin later today or tomorrow!!!!! The Imperial water district will be supplying the transformer without delay once the pad is ready. The projects final reviews are complete. The plan is to have it completed by early December at the latest!