Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - El Portal, CA (LIVE 2 Nov 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
13656653-1694-4115-BE6B-4D6FA6ECBE0C.png

anyone can confirm? Im heading there this Thursday. 🙏

This location has a flat Starlink dishy! It’s probably the only way to get connectivity here.

Bruce.
I can attest to that. Last time we stayed there (Aug. 2019) AT&T cell reception was very bad. There was slight coverage in the Village but almost non-existent just outside the park. My understanding is that Verizon is better but I don't have any personal experience with that service.

IMO I think everyone who posts on the internet should use their real name, actual photos of their true self, no multiple handles, call signs, alter egos etc. unless embedded in their post(s). I think it keeps us true, honest, credible and accountable to our true selves. …… and now back to supercharging🫡

IMO I think everyone who posts on the internet should use their real name, actual photos of their true self, no multiple handles, call signs, alter egos etc. unless embedded in their post(s). I think it keeps us true, honest, credible and accountable to our true selves. …… and now back to supercharging🫡
So which one of these is you? :)
1671839884969.png

I even managed to download the latest FSD beta while I was charging and streaming Netflix. Wasn't Elon gonna put Starlink at every Supercharger?

Were you able to use the starlink connection? Did you get a login/password somehow? How do you connect to the starlink wifi at superchargers? Is that even a thing? Would be useful at locations like El Portal where there is no cell service.

Starlink wifi "Tesla Service" did not auto connect nor did it manual connect. Need a password. Car does not have it.

No AT&T reception at all. The resort/lodge charges for wifi. $10 for 2 days, even for guests.

Bathroom is by the lobby. Like a 3 minute walk.

252kw max at 10%. I charged to 90% in my 2019 model 3 stealth. Worked great because arrived at Curry Village lot at 80-81%. Easily made it back to San Francisco with 10-12% remaining without another charge.