Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Encino, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐

Attachments

• 1668725634373.png
    1668725634373.png
    545.3 KB · Views: 338
I guess Clines Corners wasn't interested...

Bowlin owns 10 truck stops throughout the Arizona and New Mexico. As far as I know this is the first supercharger to go in at one of their properties. Will be interesting to see if there are more to follow. I'm not a huge fan of their kitschy gift shops or The Thing? but some of them would be good locations. Picacho Peak between Phoenix and Tucson comes to mind. And eventually they'll want to install some v3s for more density on I-10 between Tucson and Las Cruces.

Encino, NM

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Bowlin's Flying C Ranch
Along Primary Interstates: I-40
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-40

To: Santa Rosa, NM (v2) - 42.9 miles
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: Tucumcari, NM (v2) - 98.5 miles
To: Tucumcari - S 1st St, NM - 98.5 MILES (Permit)

Splitter, maybe! Splits 114.5 miles on I-40, 72.2 miles from Albuquerque - Louisiana Blvd NE, NM, 42.9 miles to Santa Rosa, NM
But Moriarty, NM seems to be part of a larger agreement, is in a town and according to Google has longer opening hours than this location so might simply replace this.

What I don’t understand is it’s labeled as Encino location but Encino is 30ish miles away.
That is their address, probably because Encino is the nearest town.
The main problem I see with this location is the trading post is only open from 7am to 7pm, making a pit stop problematic late in the evening. I guess you could go discreetly water the snakes.

Bowlin owns 10 truck stops throughout the Arizona and New Mexico. As far as I know this is the first supercharger to go in at one of their properties. Will be interesting to see if there are more to follow. I'm not a huge fan of their kitschy gift shops or The Thing? but some of them would be good locations. Picacho Peak between Phoenix and Tucson comes to mind. And eventually they'll want to install some v3s for more density on I-10 between Tucson and Las Cruces.

I’m wondering if some of these new I-40 supercharger locations might include the new 1 meg kWh chargers for the Tesla Semi/Cybertruck.

No signs of any activity when I passed through today.
Thanks for the update, even though it wasn't what I was hoping for. I had been dreaming that construction might have been well underway and almost ready to open before anyone noticed. It would be nice to be able to skip the chargers in ABQ if/when this one and Moriarty ever get built.

I’m at Clines Corner now. There are 2 Francis Energy pedestals with CCS+Chademo. The point being that they aren’t against EV chargers, but merely picked the wrong brand for success. :)

I asked a cash register guy if they were perhaps going to add Tesla “EV” chargers and he pointed me to the Francis chargers. Oh well.

… and I stopped at the Flyin C Ranch a few minutes later. No sign of actual or pending activity. I went inside but didn’t get to ask anybody about Superchargers - they were a bit busy.
Wow, I guess we just missed each other. I did a site survey at the Bowlin's Flying C Ranch (I-40 Exit 234) on Friday and I didn't see anything.

Additional technical details and specifications. Tesla had a very aggressive timeline saying it would be completed this month (April 2024). I doubt it will be completed that soon, but hopefully by the end of the year.

Reactions: XHabjab
Wow, I guess we just missed each other. I did a site survey at the Bowlin's Flying C Ranch (I-40 Exit 234) on Friday and I didn't see anything.

Additional technical details and specifications. Tesla had a very aggressive timeline saying it would be completed this month (April 2024). I doubt it will be completed that soon, but hopefully by the end of the year.
That’s actually a terrible location for the charge pedestals. There will be ICE problems and bad attitude issues.