Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Expense

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Depending on the season 0.13 and 0.14 here in SoCal.

To me it’s not about saving money on gas though that’s a positive. However if I wanted to save money I would just keep driving the Prius.

The tesla is my choice to drive a cleaner vehicle that is powered by sun or renewables. I could have brought a gas luxury car but I believe in Climate change. The price of fuel is not a big reason to buy this car since you can’t make up the cost in fuel for a 50k car.

I recently had someone come by the house promoting Solar Farms MA (but I did not answer the door although they did speak with my parents when they visited their house). Just curious as to which community shared solar you are a part of. Is it just local or is it available to anyone in MA.? Solar Farms MA offers 5% savings which I don't feel like is worth doing.
I solar at my house. It’s a long term investment.

I recently had someone come by the house promoting Solar Farms MA (but I did not answer the door although they did speak with my parents when they visited their house). Just curious as to which community shared solar you are a part of. Is it just local or is it available to anyone in MA.? Solar Farms MA offers 5% savings which I don't feel like is worth doing.
It was NRG at the time, now it’s clearway community solar. You would have to see what projects that they have available space in and the costs. Not all are a great saving, I just lucked out, I really got a pretty good deal. I figure I saved at least 30% or the past year on electricity costs. I have to update my spreadsheet and check. I wouldn’t bother if it simply was an equivalent rate or marginal savings.