Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Falfurrias, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has there been any activity with the Falfurrias location? For those that are not aware, this location is essential to traveling between Three Rivers to the west side of the Rio Grande Valley.
I own a Mid Range Model 3. Going from Three Rivers to the valley McAllen is cutting it close as there are ZERO destination chargers midway

Going from Three Rivers to the valley McAllen is cutting it close as there are ZERO destination chargers midway
There's an RV park with lots of NEMA 14-50 outlets in Falfurrias: Countryside RV Park of South Texas - Falfurrias, TX

It's not quite a destination charger, but you might give them a try if you're looking for a top up between Three Rivers and McAllen. Just need to bring your mobile connector and appropriate adapter.

EDIT: I've never been there, so I can't say whether they'll accept EV use and/or what prices might be charged if any. If you're thinking of using them, I suggest calling and asking ahead of time. Contact info in the link above. They likely won't recognize what a "NEMA 14-50" is, so if you call, remember that to RV'ers it's just called a 50 Amp hook-up/outlet.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: brkaus
Wondering the same thing. I was expecting it in December, but it is quickly looking like that is not going to happen. I have had too many close calls from Mission to Three Rivers. Last week it was cold and I had to make the additional stop in Kingsville. We really need a supercharger in South Padre Island too.

Does anyone know someone in Falfurrias who can visually inspect and report on the progress?

07B4A3DE-D951-4AE8-BD5F-A7DBBDA7C223.jpeg
Wondering the same thing. I was expecting it in December, but it is quickly looking like that is not going to happen. I have had too many close calls from Mission to Three Rivers. Last week it was cold and I had to make the additional stop in Kingsville. We really need a supercharger in South Padre Island too.

Does anyone know someone in Falfurrias who can visually inspect and report on the progress?
There is a supercharger is South Padre Island however it is right next to the heavy remodeling of Schlitterbahn and construction workers may block it. It is 3 stalls however, only two work at a time. This is for parking accommodations. (See below) I’ve made the trip from Los Angeles to McAllen, TX and while the trip was pretty easy, there was range anxiety when going past El Paso as there weren’t enough chargers in South TX. Hopefully, Falfurias will remove the need to stop in Kingsville.

I stopped by and there is no sign of any construction or place to put a supercharger where Tesla currently has it marked, which confirmed my suspicion that the pin that shows up on the Tesla website is just a marker of the center of the town of Falfurrias. Hopefully it can be a focal point for Tesla in early 2020

I stopped by and there is no sign of any construction or place to put a supercharger where Tesla currently has it marked, which confirmed my suspicion that the pin that shows up on the Tesla website is just a marker of the center of the town of Falfurrias. Hopefully it can be a focal point for Tesla in early 2020

Thank you for checking it out. I figured visual inspection was going to be the best bet. I guess it is going to be a while.

View attachment 492417
There is a supercharger is South Padre Island however it is right next to the heavy remodeling of Schlitterbahn and construction workers may block it. It is 3 stalls however, only two work at a time. This is for parking accommodations. (See below) I’ve made the trip from Los Angeles to McAllen, TX and while the trip was pretty easy, there was range anxiety when going past El Paso as there weren’t enough chargers in South TX. Hopefully, Falfurias will remove the need to stop in Kingsville.

I just found out about the South Padre supercharger. That is great news. It will allow a full charge before getting out on the road. I am going to check it out next week.