Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Falmouth, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else noticed the new supercharger with a target opening in Q3 2022 in Falmouth Maine? The West Falmouth Crossing shopping plaza would make the most sense to me as the other side of Falmouth is so convenient to the superchargers at both Freeport as well as Portland

Reactions: kayak1
Yes, seems like the right kind of spot.

Has an Irving and a Hannaford.
It's just off I-95 Maine Turnpike, so useful for people heading to/from Rangeley/Sugarloaf/Farmington areas. Or even just to Lewiston. 😲

However, Freeport and LL Bean can get very busy, so they might have a rethink there and want something else on I-295, either Falmouth or Yarmouth.

Last edited:
I'd much rather they put a Supercharger in Bath. I hate the Freeport location, it's cramped and it's a long hike to the bathrooms in LL Bean. Bath is the gateway to Boothbay and Georgetown.
Falmouth is really close to Portland. The Portland site is well laid out and the Hannaford is convenient. It's never been crowded when I've been there but maybe I haven't been there at the right time.

Reactions: kayak1
A supercharger is coming to Falmouth, Maine and will be located at the Hannaford Supermarket with an address of 65 Gray Rd, Falmouth, ME. The project received planning board approval within the past month and is currently listed as a Q322 build on Tesla's coming soon map. I think completion by end of Q3 is likely.

@tes-s @MarcoRP @corywright

Falmouth, ME

Host Type: Supermarket
Host: Hannaford
Along Primary Interstates: I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-302
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

i-95

To: Augusta, ME - 59.9 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles/6.1 miles*
To: Brewer, ME - 135.1 miles

US-302

To: Portland, ME - 8 miles
Diversion: 5.7 miles
To: End (I-295/US-1 Portland, ME) - 7.9 miles

Near I-95 (the Maine Turnpike) north of Portland, ME.

* I-295 is a shorter, faster, cheaper route north.

Here we go! Eight precast bases also on-site awaiting placement.
Updating supercharge.info in a bit.

21A4C5EF-4853-4CF8-8697-73CE656D96C2.jpeg
B27D4392-6F63-4190-9F2D-A7446F90FF2A.jpeg
BD20B0A4-0E66-4A5A-AAB4-15002AB340FA.jpeg

Open today. Two chargers broken and 3 iced!

Thanks for the heads up @MaineStephen ! Live in the app but not the in-car nav. (What do we call the charger that's blocked by the empty spools? Not ICEd, surely. Wooded?)

A train went by down in the cut while I was charging. Dunkin Donuts a short walk across the lot, mostly on paved paths.

PXL_20221210_202550098.jpg