Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fort Bragg, CA (LIVE 21 May 2021, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The permit doesn’t show up in the list of approved permits for Jan or Feb 2021 so it must have been approved first part of March. Be interesting to see the approved comment line to see if it still lists 12 stalls. Equipment on site sounds like it points that direction and the outline on the map looks like the fence is encompassing enough space for 12 stalls.
If it is 3 V3 cabinets that would make sense. 4 chargers per cabinet.
sick setups compared to the V1 stuff!

I stopped by here to check in on the progress last weekend (3/27) and it looks like all of the equipment is gone? All that’s left is that big pile of conduit, and it didn’t look like any actual digging happened.

Attachments

• E295D4D5-9665-46F8-962B-41AA47D5B08E.jpeg
    E295D4D5-9665-46F8-962B-41AA47D5B08E.jpeg
    417.6 KB · Views: 136
  • A0D0F39E-30EC-4AFB-AC07-3D7A73216994.jpeg
    A0D0F39E-30EC-4AFB-AC07-3D7A73216994.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 83
  • 3B9CAC70-5F4B-48AA-A4AE-41F8117F8243.jpeg
    3B9CAC70-5F4B-48AA-A4AE-41F8117F8243.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 90
In about a week the updated permit status document will be published so we should see it as approved on there. The applicant listed on the original shows Tesla and the owner of the shopping center so I would assume they would have oked with tenants but who knows. Maybe the permit wasn’t actually approved and county issued a stop work order?

If you look at the google satellite view, almost every space of the parking lot is full... and that's before a supercharger takes 12 of them. I am guessing one or more tenants complained about losing spots in a small parking lot, and as much as I would like to have a supercharger in Ft. Bragg, I can't blame them.

Looking at the Jan/Feb docs those were posted on the 1sr or 2nd of the month so maybe Monday we will see the March ones. Maybe some more insight into this. If it doesn’t show up as approved maybe Tesla jumped the gun and the county shut them down.

Hopefully the center owner contacted his tenants before signing a lease with Tesla for the spaces. Also, I am not familiar with commercial leases but is it standard for tenants to be able to demand parking spaces? Seems like the owner can do what they want and a specific tenants lease wouldn’t dictate the number of spots required for their business.

Also, I am not familiar with commercial leases but is it standard for tenants to be able to demand parking spaces? Seems like the owner can do what they want and a specific tenants lease wouldn’t dictate the number of spots required for their business.

I've had two leases in strip malls. One gave me a specific number of parking spaces (not that it made any difference -- customers will park where they want) and the other did not. The more square footage you lease and the more financially solid your business is (e.g. you're going to be able to afford the rent for a while) and the more vacancies in the area, the more demands you can make on the landlord. It's not unusual for different tenants in the same strip mall to have different leases.

So after doing a little more digging there is an eTRAKiT site for Mendocino. Here is a grab of the permit which shows it as approved 1/22/21 and issued 3/18/21 which coincides with the pictures posted here on 3/19. Still have to figure out why all traces were removed shortly thereafter. Look at reviews it shows one last week that was approved so maybe they found something at the initial site inspection that caused the. To resubmit something? Anyone from the area have any dirt? Maybe someone can swing by and see if this latest review has led to more construction. If I find anything in the local news sites I’ll let you know.

BDCD5961-B7C3-4460-BCB5-BA66EE89521D.jpeg

19AF6ED2-B143-4919-A1B9-37CF642BE6E1.jpeg

Good work @Mrbrock! I couldn't find the permit with the address but was able to search using the permit number and it came up, so thank you. I would say this is good news... it went back to planning last week and Richard Angley who did the original plan check back in January turned around the plan re-check in one day. That means to me it wasn't a tenant complaining but instead something they found once they got on site that required a minor plan revision and a resubmit. Now that the resubmit has been approved, I would think construction should start back up again soon. When this got delayed I switched my Mendocino trip to Carmel (that's how important superchargers are to tourism, if you're listening towns!) so won't be able to snap photos up there but hope someone else is nearby and can run over. Thanks again. While only 12 stalls, this supercharger fills a major gap in the network and will open the coast back up to me and many others who don't want to depend on destination charging.

Yep, nothing about a dispute on the local news sites so likely a resubmittal. Interesting that they took all the equipment away though unless it was needed somewhere else.

101 boatyard for the address will show you all the permits for the center including 2020-0756 and 2018-0414 for a ChargePoint installation. It’s only one spot but it does establish the center can “sacrifice” parking for charging.

Reactions: goldengate