Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Glen Mills, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This weird - I remembered having seen this thread, but when I used the site’s search feature on Friday it could not find it. Now today if finds it no problem.

Anyway, I got to use this SC on Thursday night. Or maybe it was Friday night. I can’t keep track of days anymore since I started working from home. We ate at Carrabba’s and needed a top-off for a round-trip to the NE Philly burbs. Arrived with about 40% SoC. I used nav, so it preconditioned. Web site says it’s a V3. I got a peak charge rate of 53KW, dropping off to about 42KW at about 66% SoC. Convenient to shopping in Glen Mills and Longwood. If you are looking to take a road trip to Longwood Gardens or to do an antiquing run to Chadds Ford, you’re good to go.

This weird - I remembered having seen this thread, but when I used the site’s search feature on Friday it could not find it. Now today if finds it no problem.

Anyway, I got to use this SC on Thursday night. Or maybe it was Friday night. I can’t keep track of days anymore since I started working from home. We ate at Carrabba’s and needed a top-off for a round-trip to the NE Philly burbs. Arrived with about 40% SoC. I used nav, so it preconditioned. Web site says it’s a V3. I got a peak charge rate of 53KW, dropping off to about 42KW at about 66% SoC. Convenient to shopping in Glen Mills and Longwood. If you are looking to take a road trip to Longwood Gardens or to do an antiquing run to Chadds Ford, you’re good to go.
In can’t imagine going from Carabas to the SC would allow it to condition much. I guess your battery was too cold.
Unless you meant your topped off before going to the restaurant.
I agree. The search is pretty strange on this site.

In can’t imagine going from Carabas to the SC would allow it to condition much. I guess your battery was too cold.
Unless you meant your topped off before going to the restaurant.
I left out some details I figured no one cared about - we drove relatives home from Carrabba’s, dropped them off, and on the way back toward the city preconditioned and stopped at the SC. We got about 8 miles of preconditioning - it was enough to erase the regen dots.

On a side note, I’ve noticed that almost no amount of normal driving is enough to warm the battery enough to erase the regen dots during winter weather. I’ve driven 60 - 65 miles on I-95 at 60 - 65 mph on a 30F day without completely erasing the dots. On Thursday night I L2-charged the car for an hour and a half (ending just before our departure) at 32 amps@240V then drove 84 miles with the heat on at 50 - 60 mph and was still fairly deep in the regen dots. Only preconditioning managed to clear them. It must take an entire discharge cycle of highway driving to warm up. I guess that’s the downside of an efficient car. Imagine how much fuel consumption ends up as heat in an ICE vehicle that heat is essentially free.

One of the things you have to be very careful about when using the search function on TMC is whether or not you want the boxes for "Search this thread/forum only" to be checked. Having one or the other of those marked will severely restrict the areas of the site that get searched. And the "Search this forum only" box is marked by default, so you have to remember to un-mark it if you want to search outside of the area where you happened to be when you clicked on the search icon. As an example, if you were on this page when you opened the search, you would only able to find results in the Mid-Atlantic section unless you un-marked that box. Results in the California section or the Model S section wouldn't be returned.

Reactions: AmokTime
On a side note, I’ve noticed that almost no amount of normal driving is enough to warm the battery enough to erase the regen dots during winter weather. I’ve driven 60 - 65 miles on I-95 at 60 - 65 mph on a 30F day without completely erasing the dots. On Thursday night I L2-charged the car for an hour and a half (ending just before our departure) at 32 amps@240V then drove 84 miles with the heat on at 50 - 60 mph and was still fairly deep in the regen dots. Only preconditioning managed to clear them. It must take an entire discharge cycle of highway driving to warm up. I guess that’s the downside of an efficient car. Imagine how much fuel consumption ends up as heat in an ICE vehicle that heat is essentially free.
Maybe I missed this but what model year car do you have?

Maybe I missed this but what model year car do you have?
I left out some details I figured no one cared about - we drove relatives home from Carrabba’s, dropped them off, and on the way back toward the city preconditioned and stopped at the SC. We got about 8 miles of preconditioning - it was enough to erase the regen dots.
so I’m here now and came with a warm battery at 41% and it went to 112kW then quickly dropped to 80 with 42%. Now stuck on 70kW at 50+. So yeah seems a bit off honestly. 2018 MX P100D.

Today I noticed a Tesla Model Y at the Glenn Mills PA supercharger that was taking up a charging spot but not plugged in. It turns out that it was an instant test drive vehicle that anyone could try out for 30 minutes. Just scan the QR Code using your smart phone, enter some basic information (probably drivers license), then it is yours to take for a joy ride. Black with white interior.

970 Baltimore Pike, Glen Mills, PA 19342

1622564893627.png