Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Golden, BC - Trans-Canada Highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
US history shows that the federal government had many programs such as Federal Aid Highway Act of 1956 interstates built decades ago for the purpose of creating economic growth for the nation.

Canada has zero or almost no programs really paying for anything in that scale. And, I guess for political reasons, it's easier to just tell truckers to drive into the USA and take I-94, I-90, or I-80 from Vancouver to Montreal/Toronto, then build an proper highway.

I see this thread is slowly becoming more political, so keep that into consideration.

Reactions: CFinVancouver
Went through Golden tonight, here are some pictures of the current status of this station. Transformer is in place, all pedestals appear to be in place, the meter is still empty. Two of the stalls are flagged as designed disabled parking. I have not seen that before at a super charger location.

IMG_9852.jpeg
IMG_9853.jpeg
IMG_9854.jpeg
IMG_9856.jpeg
IMG_9857.jpeg

I looked at this Supercharger on August the 3rd (sorry, no photo!). There's a meter installed now but (on the 3rd) the stalls hadn't been commissioned yet. Also, the fences have been removed. Hopefully not too much longer!🤞
Here's one I took - like you said, the fences are gone and the equipment looks like it's all there.

I tried to use it, but sadly it's not online yet.

Attachments

• 20230811_141919.jpg
    20230811_141919.jpg
    756 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: corywright