Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Goldsboro, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C362988A-4915-40EC-B9BC-94851FDEC613.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
The station is functional. There is some confusion on the maximum charge rate. I have personally charged there but just to check and see if it was functional. I did not have a very low state of charge. The car says a maximum rate of 250 kW! The station is definitely a V3!

The station is functional. There is some confusion on the maximum charge rate. I have personally charged there but just to check and see if it was functional. I did not have a very low state of charge. The car says a maximum rate of 250 kW! The station is definitely a V3!

I don't think there was a debate whether it was V3 or not since that is easily confirmed by the cable size, cabinets and changers per cabinet. The question was the max charge rate of 150kW vs 250kW right now since the official Tesla Website says 150kW and the official app in the car says 250 kW.

Maybe they have it limited to 150kW long term due to some capacity issue on site or it's just a temporarily lower rate since it is new. I haven't seen anyone confirm a 'live charge rate' of greater than 150 so until then there is still confusion of the max charge rate of this location.

I might be out there in a week or two but unfortunately my car can't charge fast enough to get greater than 150 to put our theory to the test.

I don't think there was a debate whether it was V3 or not since that is easily confirmed by the cable size, cabinets and changers per cabinet. The question was the max charge rate of 150kW vs 250kW right now since the official Tesla Website says 150kW and the official app in the car says 250 kW.

Maybe they have it limited to 150kW long term due to some capacity issue on site or it's just a temporarily lower rate since it is new. I haven't seen anyone confirm a 'live charge rate' of greater than 150 so until then there is still confusion of the max charge rate of this location.

I might be out there in a week or two but unfortunately my car can't charge fast enough to get greater than 150 to put our theory to the test.

I'm going with configuration error on the website. Yes, it may be temporarily limited as most new SC's are for the first week or two, but seriously doubt it's a long term limitation.

Reactions: SigNC
pro tip, if you are going to be driving to a close super charger and have a cold battery precondition the car for a while until you see the battery heater turn off under climate in the app. Then, get in car and select the supercharger so it can do additional on route battery warming while you drive to it. Even then it won't be fully warm for max speed but it will be much better.

The state of charge was 21% and assume the battery was warm. We had just arrived from our trip back from the mountains.
Did you navigate to the supercharger or did you just swing by on your way home? It makes a big difference. For the car to build up any heat at all in the battery without on route battery warming you really have to be pushing it down the highway pretty fast consistently. Even then it won't be like the car actively trying to warm it.

Did you navigate to the supercharger or did you just swing by on your way home? It makes a big difference. For the car to build up any heat at all in the battery without on route battery warming you really have to be pushing it down the highway pretty fast consistently. Even then it won't be like the car actively trying to warm it.
I did not navigate, but even when I do navigate I do not see the preheating message. The car is a 3 year old Model X.

Old thread but figured I would give an update since I stopped here last night. Area was empty but that could have been because it was 10pm on a Wednesday night. 2 of the stalls are at a weird parallel position as shown in the other pics and I thought that was kind of odd. Good location on the side of the Sheetz so you can go inside without crossing the parking lot and a little less busy since nothing else on that side (unlike the Smithfield, Mebane, Greensboro).

Charging rates were great on my old 90D pack (120 kW theoretical max)!

Screenshot_20210422-164159_TezLab.jpg

Screenshot_20210422-163320_TezLab.jpg

Reactions: SigNC