Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Guilderland, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10172813_10202055839617769_562611065732364640_n_zps008c3535.jpg

A friend of mine took this picture and talked to the installers last week. They said that the chargers should go live on Thursday. I believe there are six of these in all. I agree though, that the location they are in lends itself too well for ICEing though. I hope they paint the spots brightly.

Mike

I had Ungerman electric in my house this morning. They installed the superchargers, said they're going live today. I drove by and one of their workers was removing the fence. The parking lot is a bit of a mess due to ongoing construction at Whole Foods. But anyway it's right at the main entrance on Wolf.
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And yes there are 6.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 379
I had Ungerman electric in my house this morning. They installed the superchargers, said they're going live today. I drove by and one of their workers was removing the fence. The parking lot is a bit of a mess due to ongoing construction at Whole Foods. But anyway it's right at the main entrance on Wolf.
View attachment 48231

- - - Updated - - -

And yes there are 6.

Excellent, Jurhoss! Did you ask where they were headed next? Syracuse or Ithaca, perhaps?

Excellent, Jurhoss! Did you ask where they were headed next? Syracuse or Ithaca, perhaps?

The guy from Ungerman said "they", and I think he was referring to Tesla, were trying to get them to install more out west, I think he said Syracuse and Buffalo? But they're installing charge points for other companies as well, and he was a bit unclear on the plans. So I'm not sure if Ungerman is going to be doing more work for Tesla. He did say the SC installs were very expensive, and Ungerman had to install both of the transformers you'll see in Colonie Center, National Grid wouldn't touch it because it's private land. And to pitch for Ungerman briefly, they responded within 45 minutes for my issue and were very detailed in their work, those guys are pretty good! Orders of magnitude better than the last electrician I worked with, Tesla chose wisely.

The charger is up and running. I was there this afternoon. The electricians were just finishing the job. I asked them if I could charge and they welcomed me. They confirmed I was the first one to charge. The system is great at 89amps and over 235V, it took just a couple of minutes to recharge the car. Thanks Tesla!

The charger is up and running. I was there this afternoon. The electricians were just finishing the job. I asked them if I could charge and they welcomed me. They confirmed I was the first one to charge. The system is great at 89amps and over 235V, it took just a couple of minutes to recharge the car. Thanks Tesla!

Great news! Sounds like your car was almost full, you weren't charging at anywhere close to 90 or 120kW.

I spoke to Ungerman again this morning as they finished up at my house, and the contractor managing the SC installs is negotiating with them over Rochester and Binghampton. No deals signed yet.

One vote for the Binghamton, NY location! While i love Ithaca, it's more a destination than a thru-point, while Binghamton is the crossroads of 3 interstates, and would make soooo much more sense for a Supercharger.

I spoke to Ungerman again this morning as they finished up at my house, and the contractor managing the SC installs is negotiating with them over Rochester and Binghampton. No deals signed yet.

Weird, looking at the map the future stations look like Syracuse and Ithaca. Nothing near Rochester or Binghampton. But that's what the guy said.

- - - Updated - - -

One vote for the Binghamton, NY location! While i love Ithaca, it's more a destination than a thru-point, while Binghamton is the crossroads of 3 interstates, and would make soooo much more sense for a Supercharger.
Agreed Ithaca is great but Binghampton in more conveniently located. Plus as you say Ithaca is a destination, slow charging would usually be fine there.