Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger help and 12V battery needs recharge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my car to a body shop, they left it there until the battery died. I had to drive the car with the 12V being charged by a battery pack. I charged the car at him but for some reason the 12V needs seems to always die in the morning. I bought a new battery from Tesla and I thought that was the issue but this morning the car was dead again. What is killing my battery. I do have a messages door handle but I don’t think that could be draining that battery or did tesla sell me a bad battery

Took my car to a body shop, they left it there until the battery died. I had to drive the car with the 12V being charged by a battery pack. I charged the car at him but for some reason the 12V needs seems to always die in the morning. I bought a new battery from Tesla and I thought that was the issue but this morning the car was dead again. What is killing my battery. I do have a messed up door handle but I don’t think that could be draining that battery or did tesla sell me a bad battery
Also need help with superchargering

Mine went dead driving home Thanksgiving. Draper lady said I needed a SUPER jump of 14 volts, to leave it on for 30 minutes. The car came to life. I had 14.7 on the battery. I plugged to a super charger, filled car to 200. Left it plugged in for extra 15 minutes.
I left it all night,Monday it was fine. I trailed it home Monday got home it had 14.5volts. It's been fine ever since. I left the cowling off for 2 weeks so I could ck with voltmeter every time I stopped.
Seems the internal charge regulator sees 12.5v. Recharges it to 14.5v. This is a constent cycle. The juice comes from big battery pack to keep 12v full to 14.5v. Evidently my charger lost its brain when it was on 110v home charger in Richmond. Here I'm on 220v connection and it's fine. I have super charged twice since home, it's ok now. Same 12v battery.

Mine went dead driving home Thanksgiving. Draper lady said I needed a SUPER jump of 14 volts, to leave it on for 30 minutes. The car came to life. I had 14.7 on the battery. I plugged to a super charger, filled car to 200. Left it plugged in for extra 15 minutes.
I left it all night,Monday it was fine. I trailed it home Monday got home it had 14.5volts. It's been fine ever since. I left the cowling off for 2 weeks so I could ck with voltmeter every time I stopped.
Seems the internal charge regulator sees 12.5v. Recharges it to 14.5v. This is a constent cycle. The juice comes from big battery pack to keep 12v full to 14.5v. Evidently my charger lost its brain when it was on 110v home charger in Richmond. Here I'm on 220v connection and it's fine. I have super charged twice since home, it's ok now. Same 12v battery.

só a few things I need a new door handle or paddle gear changed cause its doing that crazy sound all night and I am not sure if that is what is causing the 12v battery to die.
Secondly, are you saying the 12V battery is recharged by the big battery if so something is wrong with my car then cause I have about 80% charge but my big battery is not charging the 12V cause every morning my car is dead and I have to use a battery pack to power it back up.

só a few things I need a new door handle or paddle gear changed cause its doing that crazy sound all night and I am not sure if that is what is causing the 12v battery to die.
Secondly, are you saying the 12V battery is recharged by the big battery if so something is wrong with my car then cause I have about 80% charge but my big battery is not charging the 12V cause every morning my car is dead and I have to use a battery pack to power it back up.
The car uses a DC to DC converter to charge the 12v, converts the HV battery down to 12v. It does sound like you have an issue with it.