Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hope Mills, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope Mills, NC

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Wawa
Along Primary Interstates: I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-301
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-95

To: Fayetteville, NC (v2) - 8.3 miles
Diversion: 0.3 miles
To: Wade, NC - 17 miles (Permit)

US-301

To: Wade, NC - 18.4 miles (Permit)
Diversion: 2 miles
To: Benson, NC - 41.6 miles

Superchargers at a planned new Wawa.

Are we sure this will be at a Wawa? There’s a new sheetz going up on the other side of the highway that seems to be able to sustain 24 stalls. Plus prior coordination between Sheetz and Tesla supercharging hosting
Well, there is no denying that the plan that Marco posted (I guess he's back on X now...) shows a Wawa, and that 630 Chicken Foot Rd is currently owned by Wawa according to the Cumberland County permitting site.

1705094685266.png

And there is no denying that the plan shows 20 EV charging spots on the north side. While it's not clear that those are Tesla stations, no other CPO is installing sites that size, at least not in this part of the country, so the probability that it is Tesla is quite high I would say.

But what I think even Marco missed is there are 4 pull through spots on the south side of the parking lot, which is extremely interesting:

1705094615122.png

While there is coordination between Sheetz and Tesla, there is also significant coordination between Wawa and Tesla. Both of them seem to be going all in with Tesla. So I would say the chances are good that it's the Wawa site that will be the host.

Not to say that Sheetz won't have something as well though.