Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger idle fees.... How do we charge THIS clown?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

geordi

Mr Fusion V.1
Jun 14, 2022
Connecticut
Out of eight bays, this Mensa candidate manages to block seven of them with his monstrous trailer - and there was other parking available that wouldn't have blocked ANYONE, not even 50 feet away!

This is disgusting. Jerk is from Minnesota, no plate on the trailer. I guess we should be thankful that his doucheness didn't block ALL of them completely? The nearest chargers are only 120+ miles in EITHER direction. Rawlins Wyoming. There needs to be more charger bays, and more setups that are accessible from BOTH sides. This back-in-only stuff is getting REALLY obnoxious when people act like this.

2023-04-05 20-20-49.jpeg
2023-04-05 20-20-58.jpeg

In many states its illegal to block charging spots, so they'd get a ticket pretty quick if the police were called.
I don’t know if Wyoming is one of those states. I haven’t seen any evidence to suggest that it is.

I wanted to talk to somebody at the hotel and see if they knew who this might be, but I couldn’t find anyone actually working at the property. I have no idea what’s going on but it was a ghost town.

I don’t know if Wyoming is one of those states. I haven’t seen any evidence to suggest that it is.

I wanted to talk to somebody at the hotel and see if they knew who this might be, but I couldn’t find anyone actually working at the property. I have no idea what’s going on but it was a ghost town.

Yeah, feels like a slower adopting state for EV's but who knows, might be worth checking

We went through here a couple of times in November, and the hotel folks seemed nice enough - let us have some coffee (after we asked nicely, of course). Surprised there wasn't anyone at the desk - and that they've done such a piss-poor job of clearing the snow around the stalls.

I'd be inclined to check the stalls to see if there were any way to get my car through to one of the blocked stalls, despite the risk of slipping and accidentally setting off the trucks's alarm...

Call the police, maybe they will have it towed. Isn't it the law to have a tag on a trailer in every state?

If I was there longer I might have tried to get the police involved, also if I had more of a solid idea that blocking a charger is actually illegal. Other states have signs on the chargers stating that it is against the law. Wyoming doesn’t seem to have any of that, and the next TWO charger locations to the East that I came across also had idiots blocking them without a care.

Violation stickers seem like a good response at least.

We went through here a couple of times in November, and the hotel folks seemed nice enough - let us have some coffee (after we asked nicely, of course). Surprised there wasn't anyone at the desk - and that they've done such a piss-poor job of clearing the snow around the stalls.

I'd be inclined to check the stalls to see if there were any way to get my car through to one of the blocked stalls, despite the risk of slipping and accidentally setting off the trucks's alarm...

I looked at it, there was absolutely no way that I could have gotten my car between the chargers and the trailer. This idiot was just too close. I’m sure the scale is difficult to tell from the pictures, but that is easily 4 feet wide of snow against the chargers. The last one was probably more like 5 feet before I rammed the back end onto it.

At least I was able to get to the last unit, however I had to back up onto the ice / snow drift and the cable was at the absolute max that it could reach. It took me about five tries to get the thing to actually fit and engage. I didn’t have a shovel with me to be able to try and clear it out to get better access.

Long ago I remember reading a news article about somebody who got into a dispute about a parking space and let the air out of the tires of the offending vehicle that had taken “his“ parking space. Cops were called and much yelling was done apparently, but the cops also told the guy that letting the air out is not considered vandalism because no actual damage was done. It’s just annoying as hell.

Interesting knowledge to have in your back pocket sometimes.

• Informative
Reactions: brainhouston
I looked at it, there was absolutely no way that I could have gotten my car between the chargers and the trailer. This idiot was just too close. I’m sure the scale is difficult to tell from the pictures, but that is easily 4 feet wide of snow against the chargers. The last one was probably more like 5 feet before I rammed the back end onto it.
Sorry, I left off the /sarcasm from my post. I would have hip-checked the truck until its alarm went off...

Being from northern Michigan, I throw a fold-up camp shovel and a bag of kitty litter into the frunk at the first sign of snow...

Reactions: KJD
Sorry, I left off the /sarcasm from my post. I would have hip-checked the truck until its alarm went off...

Being from northern Michigan, I throw a fold-up camp shovel and a bag of kitty litter into the frunk at the first sign of snow...
Yeah, that's probably the next thing I'll put in the front is a fold up shovel. Already have an emergency supply of bottled water and first aid kit.