Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many Teslas are in HK right now? I'm seeing them EVERY DAY now. And is that exasperating the charging problem? From what it appears to me, there are more Model S's appearing on the road day by day. And there is already a lack of public charging stations. Are we going to get a bottle neck before Tesla SC can catch up to what is on the road?

We all know HK is different than other markets, private car park chargers are not going to be the majority of owners. Many owners will rely exclusively on charging outside. Is HK Tesla aware of this? Are they addressing it? Are they building as fast as they can? I remember during one of my initial inquiries about charging the sales rep simply said, "If we sell more cars, don't worry, we will just build more SCs!"

Also, are current owners going to make more noise about getting charging stations that are EXCLUSIVE for EV's and not allow ICE to park there? How is Tesla addressing this problem? I've read about the station with 4 charges where Tesla is renting the spot where the CHARGERS reside, but NOT the 4 car park spots in front of them, thus ICE cars can park there, which DEFEATS THE PURPOSE!

Has Tesla thought this through on how to make an exclusive arrangement for EVs in the SCs?

Every day there will be more on the road, I don't want Tesla users to go more and more frustrated because they can't charge their cars. 1 month from now, 2 months from now, 6 months from now there will be more model S on the road. That sounds great to me, but I hope Tesla is building the correct infrastructure to handle it!

I have been pesting the management since April, to install some kind of charger, even a 13A plug would do - but so far, nothing but foot dragging and excuses. They say - finally - they are waiting for more information from EVPower, though my hopes are not super high.

If TM would start doing something about those superchargers - more locations and more spots - then that could alleviate the problem, at least for a while. As the government is plenty busy trying to defend themselves against their own freedom and democracy loving people, I don't expect any regulations in the near future which would ensure the right to install a charging station.

13A is fine for overnight, but not for destination charging. Even 32A (single phase) is a bit meagre, whereas some ChaDeMo chargers (and adapters being available), would be quite sufficient. Oh sorry, I think I wrote all this before.

Anyway, while the news about a super fast all wheel drive Model S has just been broken, it seems there are more important issues to deal with here and now:

Charging infrastructure

Come on, Tesla Motors!