Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jessup, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0494.jpeg

As of today, there are weeds growing where the transformer is supposed to be. Fence is still up too.

Nice, this probably is right next to Costco and TJs. But more needed in HC or even western HC.

Havepower is the contractor that installed charging plugs in my garage in EC back in 2019, I highly recommend them.
Just moved to Woodstock from MoCo, and was stunned to find a dearth of SCs. Bad for me since my condo doesn't have a place to charge (yet). Ellicott City - Rte 40 or I70. Hurry, please!

IMG_7202.jpeg

The Maryland Zero Emission Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Council met this week. I told them that this Supercharger site has been completed except for the transformer and asked them to do what they can to help solve the apparent transformer shortage in Maryland. How else is the charging infrastructure - which they are supposed to oversee - going to keep up with all the new Teslas coming on the road.

I called Tesla customer service last Friday to ask about this location. Unfortunately the woman I spoke to had no information at all on when this supercharger station will open.
You actually spoke to a live human being at Tesla!?

The manager/owner of the business at the site might know something and be willing to divulge it.

Transformers are a waiting game that is completely dependent on the utility company.