Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kemptville Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5871261C-3E78-493F-ABC3-0E60A1360F10.jpeg

Reactions: Mayoo
I can confirm Kemptville is working! Charged there twice today on the way to and back from upper New York state.. The nav system did not show the charger either time but I got 252kW max charge speed even without preconditioning this afternoon! (8% SOC) I was really low coming back and the navigator wanted me to go to Perth.
I posted photos on plugshare if you want to see speed proofs.

You mean the Brockville site that was announced in September of 2017, almost five years ago?

Tesla is the one saying that it is busy as they have already applied the "High usage" nomenclature to the site. When I was there yesterday 3-4 stalls were in use.

Reactions: RTPEV
Yeah I'm with the mods on that one.

Marco seemed to want to create every Supercharger thread, be post #1 so that he showed up as the "owner". Kind of a weird vanity thing. Finding supercharger info was clearly a Role Playing Game ("RPG") to him.

He was also a big contributor to plugshare (and I believe other places), and would create fake charging locations with 120V plugs and call them Tesla sites. [Tesla provides Supercharger and destination charging info to plugshare, but on their own time and convenience.] He was trying to get the jump on a location, again so that he would "own" that site for some reason. This caused a lot of confusion.

Marco did a lot of good things for us but also took some questionable actions that were not productive. I'm sorry to see him go. We might see a slower reaction time in finding new sites but likewise an uptick in correct site info.

AFAIK he was not a Tesla or EV owner.

Interesting .. Fake charging locations post ??

Does this location not have full power SCs? I was there yesterday and I was one of only two vehicles - and we were at extreme ends so we weren't sharing, or at least we shouldn't have been. I think the other car was 1A and I was 2D. I was at 82km or 20% SOC upon arrival and the best that I got was 64kW and then soon went down to 55kW. I only charged enough to get to Kingston. When I got to Kingston, the new Kingston site, I was getting 130kW at first, although I was starting with only 3% SOC. But even when I got to 20%SOC it was WAY faster than Kemptville. So why such slow charging at Kemptville?

Another question - it seems like these are labelled 1 A,B,C,D and 2 A,B,C,D whereas older sites have 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B. Why is that and does that imply more sharing of the load across four SCs compared to two in the past.

Does this location not have full power SCs? I was there yesterday and I was one of only two vehicles - and we were at extreme ends so we weren't sharing, or at least we shouldn't have been. I think the other car was 1A and I was 2D. I was at 82km or 20% SOC upon arrival and the best that I got was 64kW and then soon went down to 55kW. I only charged enough to get to Kingston. When I got to Kingston, the new Kingston site, I was getting 130kW at first, although I was starting with only 3% SOC. But even when I got to 20%SOC it was WAY faster than Kemptville. So why such slow charging at Kemptville?

Another question - it seems like these are labelled 1 A,B,C,D and 2 A,B,C,D whereas older sites have 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B. Why is that and does that imply more sharing of the load across four SCs compared to two in the past.

I thought with v3, we don't have to worry about parking next to each other / sharing...

Just try a different stall.

Kemptville has two supercharger cabinets.

Each supercharger cabinet has up to 1 MW in power, and supplies 4 stalls.

Therefore, 1 ABCD represents 1 supercharger cabinet of 1 MW or 250kw per stall.

Sometimes, the grid isn't able to bring a 250KW of power at once.

I thought with v3, we don't have to worry about parking next to each other / sharing...
I assume that you are right, but that wouldn't have mattered in my situation yesterday. I was at Port Hope a few hours later and it mattered there as I was getting about 50kW, then the car beside me left and I got 100kW for a minute or two until another car pulled in.

I will try that next time. In case anyone else is going to Kemptville, the stall that I was in was the farthest to the right when facing the chargers - I am pretty sure that it was 2D.

Each cabinet has only 350kVA of AC input but can pull power off the shared DC bus from additional cabinets or megapacks.

Likely there was an issue with the stall, site configuration or the utility is working on upgrades to this site and the controller box is limiting the total power available to the cabinets.

Reactions: CanadaGoose
Thanks. I stopped there a month ago at the end of Aug and I didn't record the charge rate but I think it was pretty slow that time as well. I think I was in the same unit at that time. Next time I will try one of the other units.