Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kuttawa, KY - US-62

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

corywright

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Jul 27, 2016
Richmond, VA
Over on forum.supercharge.info user Duncana28 has posted a photo a new Supercharger being built at Huck's in Kuttawa, KY, across the road from the older V2s.

1715257762626.png

Good question! I don't know enough about the gas station / convenience store business to know who does the owning and who does the franchising. I just listed PFJ because that's what showed up on Google Maps when I scrutinized that area (I see now that the Huck's pin is just offset a bit), and we just need a business name to route to. Well, *I* do -- when I'm on a roadtrip and checking construction sites, I'll be like, OK car, next up is the PFJ in Kuttawa, search for that and take me there ... It also tells me what sign I'm probably looking for as I roll down the exit ramp.

Reactions: Vandy1981
So it's not like this is going to hurt anything, but man do I wish this was half an hour up the road in one direction or another.

We regularly drive from FL to WI and back and this is the only stretch where we go from spoiled for choice to a situation where skipping this one is a little dicey, but there are close enough ones where stopping here can be overkill if not planned out right.

The only time we've ever been in trouble with an EV was when we pushed our luck to go straight for marion IL, (likely from Nashville) only to find out halfway between Kuttawa and Marion the Marion SC stop were out of order. Had to find a hotel wall charger to get enough to drive backwards to Kuttawa. (It was our fault, too much knowledge bit us in ass. The car was making (seemingly) dumb charging decisions and we knew there was one in Marion it just like refused to route to. Finally on the 3rd try it was like "fine, your funeral", and while screwing around on my phone 3/4ths of the way there I saw it was reported as offline. We should have stopped for the dog anyway. It was also raining and blowing and the arrival with 20% in Marion was ticking down down down as it was. It was like so many things came together to screw us there.)

Which is all to say, while I get they need willing partners and maybe there just wasn't, I really wish this was going up more between Kuttawa and Marion or more between Kuttawa and Nashville.

As of Friday, June 28th, the station is still under construction, with a lot of people parking in the spots for the fireworks that are for sale to the left of the picture.
Did you notice whether the meter had been installed near the green transformers (see photo below)?

Looks like the meter is the only thing missing! Still covered up, but v4 stalls are hiding underneath!
1719696473899.png

Reactions: ChrisC