Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - La Mesa, CA (LIVE 18 Mar 2022, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Helpful
Reactions: bmah
12 brand new V3 Superchargers in La Mesa (San Diego, CA) are now LIVE! 🔋⚡🎉 Supporting travelers in east San Diego County along the 8.

IMG_6133.jpeg
IMG_6134.jpeg
IMG_6132.jpeg
IMG_6131.jpeg

In use today! I became the first one charging a Tesla here. I live in the apartment complex above so it takes a while to pre-condition my car battery before reaching V3 level speed.

View attachment 782605
It was there yesterday (I live only a mile from this charger) and was disappointed to see it only charged 80 kwh for me. Hopefully they were throttling only for testing purposes. This is a 250 kw charger after all. I'm super excited I don't have to go to Mission Valley to charge anymore. I think 12 stalls will not be enough. It's very lucky for Bamboo Sushi. They will very busy moving forward.

This new location sure came in handy recently when I was driving back from the desert. My car's energy consumption was high due to the cargo box on the roof, cabin heating (wish I had the heat hump!), gusty head winds, and speed. It only took a few minutes of 250 kW charging though to ensure plenty of margin for the rest of the trip home.

However, we still need Superchargers in the Borrego Springs area and also between La Mesa and AZ! Here: Supercharger - La Mesa, CA (LIVE 18 Mar 2022, 12 V3 stalls)

Stopped here on the way out of SD heading back to Phoenix. A nice quick juice up that started a little closer to home than North County, which allowed me to bypass the terrible charging situation in El Centro. I easily made it to Yuma and with a little more charge I could have made Tacna. Once the 250kW in Yuma is in place, this corridor can be driven by most folks exclusively on 250kw. A few day earlier, I did have to use El Centro and it was full with a short wait, and a slow process for all....

Does anyone have any data they could share for their rated miles used in a Model S between La Mesa and El Centro? I'm trying to figure out if my 2013 S60 can make it there ok. In-car nav seems to think so but the online route planners make it seem iffy depending on high temps/wind.

A 2013 S60? Tire size (19 inch vs 21) and battery degradation are significant issues to consider. Having done that drive before in an 85s with a brand new 90 battery, I’d say an old 60 may barely make it there but has has zero chance of making the trip back west given the elevation and head winds.