Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lake City, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Larry, does the fact they discussed ribbon-cut ceremony last Fri mean it is very likely to be this coming week?

Hi Alex,

I asked my Tesla contact if they could provide a bit of advance notice on ribbon-cuttings to permit us to better organize meet-ups following the ceremonies. I was told that they would be having a meeting to discuss the openings and they should have more information after that.

Not to complicate things, but they didn't actually say that they would have a ribbon-cutting ceremony. Hopefully I'll know more next week, but I am starting to get the impression that Tesla might not have ribbon-cutting ceremonies for every Supercharger opening.

If that is the case we plan to have a meet-up anyway nearby the Lake City Supercharger location, but instead of it being a weekday in the morning it will be on a Saturday at about noon.

Larry

Not to complicate things, but they didn't actually say that they would have a ribbon-cutting ceremony. Hopefully I'll know more next week, but I am starting to get the impression that Tesla might not have ribbon-cutting ceremonies for every Supercharger opening.

Tesla certainly does not do ribbon cuttings at every Supercharger Opening. The more remote the location, the less likely a ribbon cutting will happen.

In that case, and given that its open and time moves on, shall we just set our own event for noon next Sat (Aug 30)? Do we have any more folks likely to attend?

i would suggest a weekend that is not a major holiday weekend. Lots of folks (myself included) already have travel plans.

My travel plans include a stop in Lake City on Friday to range charge for the 210 mile run to my grandmothers house in Panama City.

In that case, and given that its open and time moves on, shall we just set our own event for noon next Sat (Aug 30)? Do we have any more folks likely to attend?
Hi Alex,

I sent out a mass mailing on this subject a few days ago. About a dozen folks expressed an interest. I also contacted my counterpart in Georgia and asked him to poll his members. Give us a day or so to get feedback from Tesla and Georgia and we'll get back to you and the membership with a firm invitation indicating the time, place and date and requesting an RSVP.

Larry

Sounds good, Larry. I was just just expressing my enthusiasm for another SC open and for our group, which you are so nice to foster and organize.

Hi Alex,

I hope the tone of my response didn't sound brusque. If so, it wasn't intended.

We've selected September 6th at noon for the meet-up. I'm working on the draft of the evite invitation now and it should go out in a day or so.

Regards,

Larry

Larry, are you driving your Tesla to Lake City? Can you make it going 70 MPH plus on I-75?
Please let us know how it works out

Hi Bill,

No, I won't be attending this event. I'm just assisting in the coordination.

I'm not a marathon driver as some of our intrepid members are. The 6.5+ hours roundtrip driving time is a bit too much for me. :redface:

However, if I were to take this trip I would stop off at the Tampa Service Center to top off. It might be technically possible for me to make it to Lake City on a single charge if I drove at about 60 mph.

Larry

Charged in Lake City today. Upon arrival I was quickly stopped and interviewed by a local reporter. Am told there is going to be an article in the Lake City paper on Sunday. If I can find the link, I'll try to post it here.

i also told the reporter he might want to come out for the Florida Enthusiast Group meet-up next weekend and meet several more owners.

Also spent a lot of time answering questions from several other folks. It is obvious they've not seen many Teslas around there.

Finally, i made the 210 mile trip from there to Panama City, FL (including almost 2 hours on I-10 at 70 mph) with 50 miles to spare.

i'll have a lot less range anxiety for the trip home on Monday.

[Mods, there appear to be two identical Lake City Supercharger threads. I've posted the urgent report below in both of them. Unless someone can point out how/why they are separated, please merge them.]

Bumping this up because of problems at this site in the last couple days. per reports in local Tesla groups and on Plugshare, the station is completely down, but Tesla navigation is still routing cars to it!