Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV (Durango Rd, NW Las Vegas)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Matsayz

Jul 6, 2019
Las Vegas
Looks like yet another NW Supercharger here in Las Vegas per MarcoRP. 6480 Kevin Way, Las Vegas, NV 89149. I know that brings up a residential area but MarcoRP is showing the empty lot behind the CubeSmart Self Storage (Durango & Centennial).

12 stalls is awesome! The newest one on Trop is already seeing a ton of action and has 8 stalls so the more the merrier. I also saw that the new Tivolli Village chargers are almost done, I'll try to stop by them this weekend.

@Big Earl @corywright @Chuq

Attachments

• 1670605979827.png
    1670605979827.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 432
Last edited:
Reactions: 2002A
Circled the two locations in the one image and then the other is showing how close the two locations are. I don't know what they're thinking here but I'll keep an eye on them as I travel near here daily.

Google Map view.PNG

one to the other.PNG

Last edited:
Perhaps they always wanted more on Tropical Parkway but 8 is all the property owners would give them. The owner of record for the Kevin Way property uses the same mailing address, as the strip mall next door, even though the name of the LLC is different. I would expect access to be allowed from the back corner of that strip mall, not just from Kevin Way.

• Helpful
Reactions: Matsayz
I don't know if there will be a connection between the two parking lots but it's possible
Yes, they will be connected.

Fullscreen capture 12112022 35002 PM.bmp.jpg

This layout is larger than the current property - I think they must have bought the additional space along the north side of the property, which is currently a really wide right-of-way for the freeway offramp (far larger than the offramp actually used).

Yes, they will be connected.

View attachment 883913

This layout is larger than the current property - I think they must have bought the additional space along the north side of the property, which is currently a really wide right-of-way for the freeway offramp (far larger than the offramp actually used).
Makes more sense seeing the map again. Now I’m wondering where these chargers will go beyond the NW corner

Reactions: Upgrade00
Has anybody driven by lately to see if there is progress? I drive in this area all the time but haven't checked recently If I can remember, I will swing by this weekend.
I drive it daily on 215, there’s no action besides the strip mall part. Also, the permit website shows that the city doesn’t realize someone has/is buying the adjacent land near the off-ramp.

It’s a mess in the permit approval area which is very Vegas. Seems Tesla’s people have no idea how to get things signed and Vegas permit people are sticklers for digital signatures vs “wet” signatures smh…

I drive it daily on 215, there’s no action besides the strip mall part. Also, the permit website shows that the city doesn’t realize someone has/is buying the adjacent land near the off-ramp.

It’s a mess in the permit approval area which is very Vegas. Seems Tesla’s people have no idea how to get things signed and Vegas permit people are sticklers for digital signatures vs “wet” signatures smh…
Ugh.... Well... If you see any changes, please post an update. Talk to you again in June probably....

• Funny
Reactions: Matsayz
@ChrisInVegas I finally stopped by today. There's plenty of construction but it's all for the businesses. One of the buildings is completed but the other which will be near the Durango off-ramp hasn't even begun yet. I doubt we'll see chargers here until then. These pictures are mostly from the East-side of the lot since the crews have the street blocked off to the West.

Attachments

• IMG_7960.png
    IMG_7960.png
    472.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_7961.png
    IMG_7961.png
    384.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7962.png
    IMG_7962.png
    469.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7963.png
    IMG_7963.png
    462.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7964.png
    IMG_7964.png
    508.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7965.png
    IMG_7965.png
    516 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7966.png
    IMG_7966.png
    495 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7967.png
    IMG_7967.png
    502.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7968.png
    IMG_7968.png
    457.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7969.png
    IMG_7969.png
    523.1 KB · Views: 57
We stopped by Dee's Donuts last weekend. It feels like construction at this entire site has stalled. If you had to guess... what do you think the grand opening for these chargers will be? My guess.... 03-2024.
This location is showing Q4 of 2023 per Tesla's "Find us" page. The only new things going on have been the curbs but there's a whole other section of building that is supposed to happen near the exit ramp, nothing yet.

The permit is still in review by the city, back and forth on BS. Don't hold your breath for 2023 on this one!

I stopped by today to check on progress. The parking lot, at least some of it, is paved, and you can drive back to look around. I am not sure where the chargers are going to go, but there are two concrete pads.

Anyway.... photos are attached. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3801.JPEG
    IMG_3801.JPEG
    600.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3802.JPEG
    IMG_3802.JPEG
    740.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3803.JPEG
    IMG_3803.JPEG
    607.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3804.JPEG