Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lathrop, CA (LIVE 14 Sep 2022, 11 v3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is under construction at the Power Market convenience store in Lathrop. There will be at least 11 stalls.

Thanks @Familyfirstj for the pics

FSmozEdVIAc6jnU.jpg

Tesla planning Supercharger stop in Lathrop

The Lathrop site came to pass after multiple people had contacted Mayor Sonny Dhaliwal asking what could be done to help local Tesla and electric vehicle drivers in the growing community.

“This is the way that government should work – we should all be reachable and when people have issues they can reach out to us and we can take it to staff and make the community happy,” Dhaliwal said of the process that led to the development. “Accessibility means a lot to me – if you’re a representative of the people, you have to be accessible so that they can share their concerns.”

Reactions: mociaf9 and SR-75
That looks too far out, I hope they didn't do like they did here in Alameda and mis-measure. The first two weeks you had to park over the lines with your port in-line with where the cable attaches to the post in order to reach, lots of re-parking until they repositioned the parking stops.

New chargers also seem to reverse the orientation of the posts so that the cord attaches on the left instead of the old way with the cord coming from the right side of the post. This makes the distance to your port shorter so more flexibility with bad parking, but it means the plug is facing away from your port when unhooked from the post.

("port" is the charge port under the flap on your car, "post" is the station to which the cable is attached, "plug" is the cable's end that gets plugged into your car) Anyone got better terms?

• Informative
Reactions: 1100MCM
That looks too far out, I hope they didn't do like they did here in Alameda and mis-measure. The first two weeks you had to park over the lines with your port in-line with where the cable attaches to the post in order to reach, lots of re-parking until they repositioned the parking stops.

New chargers also seem to reverse the orientation of the posts so that the cord attaches on the left instead of the old way with the cord coming from the right side of the post. This makes the distance to your port shorter so more flexibility with bad parking, but it means the plug is facing away from your port when unhooked from the post.

("port" is the charge port under the flap on your car, "post" is the station to which the cable is attached, "plug" is the cable's end that gets plugged into your car) Anyone got better terms?
I think these are good. Tail light and trunk extend much farther out behind car than base of rear tire. Cable will fill any distance gap that is left:)

Please don't open until after Tuesday, I am trying to be a good electricity user during the heatwave
Perhaps the heat wave will have abated by Tuesday in Alameda.

But here in the Valley our temps through Saturday next will be 108, 109, 115, 110, 109, 109. Saturday the 10th is forecast to be 98 after an overnight low of 77. We'll see how fast that inversion layer and high pressure cell collapse.

So, leave extra early in the morning if the SC opens up mid week to grab that first and return home before the grid starts getting taxed.

CAISO has called for restricted maintenance and Energy Emergency Alerts through at least the eighth of September.