Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Longmont, CO (permit approved 15 Dec 2023, 8 V3 stalls + 12 L2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
12 level 2 AC chargers, in addition to the 8 Supercharger stalls. Presumably Tesla 11kw 48A J1772 units.

Interesting. That seems like a lot for a small suburban retail mall. Wonder if the site host really wanted those?

I wonder if these will be free like Denver 45th ave.

I live in the area, I'll be watching this one.

The intersection of State Hwys 287/119 is a reasonable spot... but the other side of 287 makes more sense to me. Newer retail, new Costco.

Maybe it just sounds better to say, "The Longmont Supercharger is on the corner of Pratt and Pratt."

This was approved on 12/15/23.
1702957145592.png

I drive by once per week, and will update if anything changes here.

Interestingly, the pin on the permit map is in a slightly different location than supercharge.info I think the supercharge.info pin location makes the most sense, right behind the Starbucks. I think that white car is in the Starbucks drive-thru

1705951944839.png

I drive by once per week, and will update if anything changes here.

Interestingly, the pin on the permit map is in a slightly different location than supercharge.info I think the supercharge.info pin location makes the most sense, right behind the Starbucks. I think that white car is in the Starbucks drive-thru
I placed the pin per the site plans, which I now realize were not attached.

Source: https://teslanorth.com/2023/12/17/the-monthly-supercharger-december-dump

Attachments

• 1705952308608.png
    1705952308608.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
  • 1705952323077.png
    1705952323077.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
What is the story about having both superchargers and destination chargers at the same site? I hadn’t heard of this before. Why have both?
There are numerous instances of this around the country. Imagine you want to go shopping or watch a movie but need to charge. Unplugging and moving your car after 30 minutes would be an inconvenience.

Or at/near hotels.

It makes a lot of sense, in some use cases. The new Arvada Supercharger (Denver west side) has some L2 chargers on the plans, which is great because it's at a hotel.

That said, Tesla is pretty random in where they place the L2 chargers at least in CO. The Denver - E 45th Ave SC has 4 L2s. Kind of a strange choice.

Reactions: someguywithcar
Or at/near hotels.

It makes a lot of sense, in some use cases. The new Arvada Supercharger (Denver west side) has some L2 chargers on the plans, which is great because it's at a hotel.

That said, Tesla is pretty random in where they place the L2 chargers at least in CO. The Denver - E 45th Ave SC has 4 L2s. Kind of a strange choice.
Tesla has been adding superchargers plus ChargePoint L2s at some Targets in MN. The L2s have 2 hours free charging. Kind of a great combination for locals, road trippers, and ride-share drivers.

Tesla has been adding superchargers plus ChargePoint L2s at some Targets in MN. The L2s have 2 hours free charging. Kind of a great combination for locals, road trippers, and ride-share drivers.
This is part of Teslas deal with Target. Target wants the L2 spots.

Or at/near hotels.

Like Target, Tesla branded destination chargers are usually at the request of the landlord Tesla is leasing from which is why many are free.

• Informative
Reactions: electrons4u