Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madoc, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Used Madoc last weekend going to and from the GTA from my home in the western fringes of Ottawa. This is ideal for my Model S, it knocked about 30-40 mins by avoiding the detour through Peterborough. Just enough time to hit Tims and have a quick bite. On a related note, I can't help but notice the hysteria about new EV targets for 2026 Canada. One well-known media outlet called it an existential threat to Canada due to a Chinese Monopoly on batteries produced using coal-fired generators, using raw rare earth minerals mined by 5 yr olds in the Congo.

Reactions: navguy12
Used Madoc last weekend going to and from the GTA from my home in the western fringes of Ottawa. This is ideal for my Model S, it knocked about 30-40 mins by avoiding the detour through Peterborough. Just enough time to hit Tims and have a quick bite. On a related note, I can't help but notice the hysteria about new EV targets for 2026 Canada. One well-known media outlet called it an existential threat to Canada due to a Chinese Monopoly on batteries produced using coal-fired generators, using raw rare earth minerals mined by 5 yr olds in the Congo.
Yes, even in the Globe and Mail, the Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD) is really being laid on thick by many current interests (dealership associations, incumbent auto makers, etc).

When I hear those rare earth mineral rants, I always ask (in the comments sections of whatever news media is carrying the story) why using cobalt as a catalyst for the creation of low sulphur diesel is okay?

Or that when everyone in southern Canada and the lower 48 states decided on getting central air conditioning, over a 10 year period back in the late 80s and early 90s, why didn’t that collapse the grid?

Or using that same air conditioning ONLY when the grid is already taxed to the max, instead of the middle of the night for most EV owners, using surplus energy to boot?

Yes, even in the Globe and Mail, the Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD) is really being laid on thick by many current interests (dealership associations, incumbent auto makers, etc).

When I hear those rare earth mineral rants, I always ask (in the comments sections of whatever news media is carrying the story) why using cobalt as a catalyst for the creation of low sulphur diesel is okay?

Or that when everyone in southern Canada and the lower 48 states decided on getting central air conditioning, over a 10 year period back in the late 80s and early 90s, why didn’t that collapse the grid?

Or using that same air conditioning ONLY when the grid is already taxed to the max, instead of the middle of the night for most EV owners, using surplus energy to boot?
All Outstanding points! After driving Teslas for over five years, I know readers on this forum are aware of the Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt out there.
What has changed in that time, is Electric Cars in general and Teslas, in particular, being a curiosity to becoming mainstream.

With the rise of the anti-Vax movement and the subsequent so-called Freedom Convoy, the ascent of the Electric car is seen as a combination of Trudeau shoving electric vehicles down the throats of Canadians and Chrystia Freeland's New World Order enslaving Canadians by making them ditch their Dodge Rams and Ford 150s to punish Russia and other nonsensical arguments.

But getting back to the general discussion on Superchargers, at the last Ontario Tesla Owner's meeting in November, the Exec in charge of Ontario Superchargers left no doubt that the rollout of new and upgraded Superchargers will significantly accelerate over the next several years. Carleton Place, Renfrew, Prescott, and Embrun, anyone?

Reactions: Smytty and navguy12
I finally got a chance to use Madoc this afternoon and it was busy. 3 Teslas and 2 ICE-holes. This may be an ongoing problem given the lack of parking for the gas station and Subway.

Complaints aside, it is a great addition to the SC network for me.
Yea, there was an ICE parked in the first (western most) stall when I last used it. I sense some sort of someone having to be the bad guy at some future date.

Reactions: richyrich