Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Miami - SW 8th St, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A surprise urban charger with 10 stalls has popped up only a block away from the SW 7th St location:

upload_2018-6-1_9-10-23.png

For reference, the thread for the 7th St one is here - https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thr...-has-been-found-is-under-construction.101428/

• Informative
Reactions: jbcarioca
This is not a surprise. There are two distinct locations in Brickell City Centre, on on the East SW 7th St, one on the West, under Saks, SW 8th St. The latter was activated later for unknown reasons. Anyway it is very good news that they are both now open.

This is not a surprise. There are two distinct locations in Brickell City Centre, on on the East SW 7th St, one on the West, under Saks, SW 8th St. The latter was activated later for unknown reasons. Anyway it is very good news that they are both now open.

Ahh I see. I knew there was a second batch of chargers to be activated at 7th St, I thought they were really close - close enough to be the same site! I figured this one was far enough away that it wasn't part of the 7th St one. Sorry, I guess that's what happens when I'm an armchair supercharger stalker and not a local!

Reactions: jbcarioca
Were it not for you, Chuq, I would not know about Tasmanian charging options nor many others around the world. This is one of those very rare local idiosyncrasies. Luckily we’ll have more of these coming.:D

Reactions: Chuq
And it’s probably a good idea to have their status reported separately (in case one set of chargers fills up and you don’t waste time looking to see if the other set of chargers is full!).

Reactions: Chuq and jbcarioca
Is it a separate garage? Is either one of them trully free / easy to get parking ticket stammped to get it for free?
I remember I was charged $1 when had to charge around 1AM at night, makes no sence to me, same as charging it overnight at home.

Is it a separate garage? Is either one of them trully free / easy to get parking ticket stammped to get it for free?
I remember I was charged $1 when had to charge around 1AM at night, makes no sence to me, same as charging it overnight at home.
It's all one underground parking garage that extends for three city blocks. And it's not free - $3 for the first 2 hours, I believe. But you can get 50% off on parking at a desk on the 2nd level (just don't wait too late - that desk seems to close around 9:00 pm).

I have charged here a few times. It's okay - it's the only charger near downtown Miami FL that has some free parking (30 minutes) - otherwise $6 charge from 31 to 1 hour.

I seriously don't understand why they don't upgrade these old 72kw chargers to 250kw already... Lucid has setup chargers next to these and I think they are much faster than Tesla.