Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Milpitas, CA - 432 Barber Ln (under construction Feb 2024, 18 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐

Attachments

• 1694300190352.png
    1694300190352.png
    350.7 KB · Views: 136
There is no way to tell by looking at the charging pedestals if the new hardware allowing multiple manufacturers to charge there is incorporated. I’m sure Tesla will announce it once the tens of thousands of pedestals have completed the hardware switch out.
💭💭Magic docks are dead💭💭

NACS adapters to CCS plugs will be around for a while but once other manufacturers vehicles have been re-engineered to NACS, those adapters will have gone the way of the dodo bird also!

Picture of a ‘hardware’ switch out in progress.

Attachments

• IMG_6841.jpeg
    IMG_6841.jpeg
    867.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6840.jpeg
    IMG_6840.jpeg
    825.7 KB · Views: 23
There is no way to tell by looking at the charging pedestals if the new hardware allowing multiple manufacturers to charge there is incorporated. I’m sure Tesla will announce it once the tens of thousands of pedestals have completed the hardware switch out.
💭💭Magic docks are dead💭💭

NACS adapters to CCS plugs will be around for a while but once other manufacturers vehicles have been re-engineered to NACS, those adapters will have gone the way of the dodo bird also!

Picture of a ‘hardware’ switch out in progress.

This post doesn't quite seem to apply to this site. The pictures look like a near duplicate of a post you did to the Mountain View (Grant Rd.) thread?

Bruce.

Ah yes!! You’re correct.

I should have stated that the hardware switch out pictured here in post #5 is of the Mountain View (Grant Rd) CA supercharger.

I was wondering how will we know if this site here or (any site) will have the NACS electronic circuit boards inside, making the site capable of charging other manufacturers vehicles.

What’s the ‘tell’ ? What do we look for?
Will Tesla identify them?

Ah yes!! You’re correct.

I should have stated that the hardware switch out pictured here in post #5 is of the Mountain View (Grant Rd) CA supercharger.

I was wondering how will we know if this site here or (any site) will have the NACS electronic circuit boards inside, making the site capable of charging other manufacturers vehicles.

What’s the ‘tell’ ? What do we look for?
Will Tesla identify them?
Theres no tell. It is an internal board. Tesla is putting these in EVERY V3 site. I don't think they will make this feature live until all V3 sites have the new boards. Also, I think you are using the wrong terminology. Every Supercharger ever made has NACS circuitry inside. What is being added is essentially CCS compatibility so it will work with NACS to CCS adapters.

Are the last 5 photos in post #4 from this site?