Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - New Haven, CT - Whalley Ave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Site plan now available. The plans confirm a 12 stall traditional build (vs. pre-fab) installation with an option to use v3 or v4 charging posts.

1693255648209.png

1693255680622.png

The building permits were finally issued for this site 11/8/2023. The permit was issued to a company out of northern New England that is finishing up a site in Bangor, ME right now so I guess it's possible this could start soon. An occasional check by someone in the area for construction to let the community know when it starts would be great.

Sorry, didn't have a chance to get a photo. From what I remember, it looked like it was fairly early in the process. Fencing was installed, and some equipment/supplies were on site, including charger crates and concrete footings. I think some excavation had begun as well.

Reactions: kayak1
I don't think what's happening in Southington has any bearing on this site. Utility work to finish off the site is always a possible end-game delay, but I believe there are other circumstances for Southington that are (or perhaps were?) factors. I think there was some issue in getting easements completed to run the primary wiring to the site there (possibly held up by the property owner, but don't know the details).

Reactions: cwts
Thank you for the update. Your pictures didn't show where the transformer was to be placed (off to the left of the supercharger cabinets in the second picture), so it's not clear if that's in place yet or not. Seal coating and striping also needed. WIth the posts covered like that, it's possible site wiring hasn't happened as well. But great to see how far it's come.

Reactions: kayak1