Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Norwalk, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
A project developer in Norwalk, CT is proposing a new mixed use development with an address of 272-280 Main Ave, Norwalk, CT 06851.

The project proposes to include 36 Tesla supercharger stalls as part of the development.

I don't think this has been approved by the Planning & Zoning Commission yet - it will presumably come up for review soon.

1709268089101.png

1709267458382.png

Wow, that's big. Anything approaching 36 stalls anywhere in the northeast? I think Milford w/ 14 is the biggest I've seen.
This is by far the largest in the region. The next nearest is Canton, MA at 20 (still under construction). You can go to supercharge.info and enable a filter by number of stalls to see that. NOTE: Norfolk is not yet on supercharge.info - will add it once it starts going through the Norfolk planning board review process and shows signs of being likely to gain approval.

Reactions: tga and kayak1
This is by far the largest in the region. The next nearest is Canton, MA at 20 (still under construction). You can go to supercharge.info and enable a filter by number of stalls to see that. NOTE: Norfolk is not yet on supercharge.info - will add it once it starts going through the Norfolk planning board review process and shows signs of being likely to gain approval.
Oops. I forgot that Brattleboro and West Lebanon were upgraded from 8 -> 16. And I use them both all the time...

Reactions: Tdreamer and kayak1
This project was presented to the Norwalk Planning Board Wed 3/6/24. This was an initial brief presentation to authorize a traffic study. They will come back at a future date for a full project review and approval. The traffic study was approved. So, the wait continues as this project is not yet approved to move forward. It does sound like a previous larger project at this site was met with a heavy opposition. This project is far smaller. We'll see.

The first question by the Planning Board was about the EV charging, and if it was Level 2. The response was a mixture of Level 2 and Level 3, with the quantity proposed meeting both regulatory requirements and as an amenity to the tenants to draw customers. All three buildings are planned to have rooftop solar. There were questions from the board on how much of the electrical needs would be offset by the solar production - an answer would be provided for the full project review.

Reactions: Chewy13
Supercharge.info added a new pin type of "planning". It's use is for sites that have been found as under discussion, but have not necessarily advanced to the point of having an approved permit. This project is one of those. To be clear, your comment about it not showing up on your phone I assume is related to the Tesla mobile app. That app only shows completed/functional supercharger sites.

Visit supercharge.info and look at the map there to see this location, along with lots of others that have been found by Tesla community members that are in planning, permitted, under construction and yes, open too! supercharge.info

• Helpful
Reactions: corywright and KJD
In the initial rendering I counted 36 and I think the details also backed that up (not certain but could check). It was a preliminary drawing annd not a full site design. Obviously things can change and it’s also possible the project might not happen.