Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Darien, CT - 25 Old Kings Hwy N

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
Tesla has submitted plans for a 12 stall supercharger in the parking lot of the Stop & Shop located at 25 Old Kings Hwy N, Darien, CT 06820. An interesting aspect of the submitted plan is that it only shows an illustration for v4 Prefab Units or PSU's. Until now, plansets have included illustrations for both v3 and v4 posts giving Tesla the option to deploy either depending on where they were in the development of v4. As this plan only shows v4, it's likely going to be a v4 PSU - and if so, perhaps the first one known to be installed.

Another interesting aspect to the plan is that one of the three PSU's will only have 3 charge posts on it, with the fourth on a traditional base adjacent to it to meet ADA space requirements.

1702601855557.png

1702601905967.png

1702602009810.png

1702602533691.png

Last edited:
perhaps the first one known to be installed

Thanks for the info. Sorry not tracking. What did you mean above? First one to clear show that it was going to be v4 posts based on the renderings? Trying to understand the significance.

Ironically this location is less than a mile from a family member of mine. Although they have plenty in the area, in my opinion. They have another one a few hundred feet away, but on I-95.

Thanks for the info. Sorry not tracking. What did you mean above? First one to clear show that it was going to be v4 posts based on the renderings? Trying to understand the significance.

Ironically this location is less than a mile from a family member of mine. Although they have plenty in the area, in my opinion. They have another one a few hundred feet away, but on I-95.
All known site plans found by the community for pre-fab based installations have either had renderings of just v3 PSU's, or renderings of both v3 and v3 PSU options. The later gives Tesla the option to use either one at their discretion at the time of installation. This plan just shows v4 PSU's (and mentions v4 posts in the project narrative) presumably committing Tesla to use the v4 style here. There have not been any known v4 based pref-fab superchargers deployed yet - this could be the first.