Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Battleford, SK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
North Battleford, SK

Along National Highways: YH/SK-16
Along Provincial Highways (<=8km): SK-4

Yellowhead Highway

To: Saskatoon, SK - 151 km
Diversion: 1.3 km
To: TCH Near Portage la Prairie, MB - 823.1 km

SK-4

To: SK-224/SK-904 Meadow Lake, SK - 195.2 km
Diversion: 2.3 km*

To: Maple Creek, SK (SK-4, SK-40, SK-29, SK-21) - 398.4 km
To: Medicine Hat, AB (SK-4, SK-40, SK-29, SK-14, SK-21, SK-7, SK-44, SK-570/AB-570, AB-41, TCH) - 465.4km
To: Bassano, AB (SK-4, SK-40, SK-29, SK-14, SK-21, SK-7, SK-44, SK-570/AB-570, AB-36, TCH) - 522.8 km
To: Strathmore, AB (SK-4, SK-40, SK-29, SK-14, SK-21, SK-7/AB-9, AB-21, TCH) - 571.7 km
To: Rocky View, AB (SK-4, SK-40, SK-29, SK-14, SK-21, SK-7/AB-9, AB-27, AB-21, AB-9, AB-566) - 591.1 km
To: Red Deer, AB ( SK-4, SK-40/AB-14, AB-26, AB-834/AB-56, AB-53, AB-21,AB-601, AB-11, l) - 469.2 km

* Mapping takes a circuitous route to avoid a left. It's actually close to the highway.

Pictures of North Battleford SC from today

Resized_20210906_120110.jpeg
Resized_20210906_120147.jpeg
Resized_20210906_120156.jpeg
Resized_20210906_120212.jpeg
Resized_20210906_120227.jpeg
Resized_20210906_120241.jpeg

Complete but not up yet as of October 14.
View attachment 723203
Courtesy of SaskEV Facebook group user Anthony Penner.

Thanks! I wonder if Tesla is planning to turn on all the Superchargers in the Yellowhead East section at the same time. Construction seems near completion at Vegreville, Lloyd, N. Battleford, and S'toon. :)

Cheers!

Thanks! I wonder if Tesla is planning to turn on all the Superchargers in the Yellowhead East section at the same time. Construction seems near completion at Vegreville, Lloyd, N. Battleford, and S'toon. :)

Cheers!
Saskatoon just went live last night. I suspect North Battleford will light up in the next day or so. I was last there on Oct 7 and the site was complete except for some paving at the supercharger stalls. Transformer was present and the meter was lit up.

Saskatoon just went live last night. I suspect North Battleford will light up in the next day or so. I was last there on Oct 7 and the site was complete except for some paving at the supercharger stalls. Transformer was present and the meter was lit up.

Yup, even Prince George gots its long-awaited power meter yesterday. It's only Jasper that seems to be the hold-up right now to light up the entire Yellowhead SuC route!

Cheers!

Reactions: PStewart
Unfortunately one of the stalls has already been vandalized - the charge cord has been cut from the stall closest to the Flo stalls.
Either a dumb Tesla owner who plugged in and when it didn't work drove off with the charge cable still attached, or a dumb non-Tesla owner who though cutting through a high-powered (potentially live) cable might be a fun thing to try.

Looks like the cable is gone, so probably a scrapper rather than just a garden variety vandal. Even if that's copper, scrap value would be, what, like $60? Hardly seems worth it compared to the 10 years you could potentially get in the clink.

Reactions: Vawlkus
Either a dumb Tesla owner who plugged in and when it didn't work drove off with the charge cable still attached, or a dumb non-Tesla owner who though cutting through a high-powered (potentially live) cable might be a fun thing to try.
How do you do that when if there’s a plug inserted the drive motors are inhibited?

Definitely a scrap swiper.

Looks like the cable is gone, so probably a scrapper rather than just a garden variety vandal. Even if that's copper, scrap value would be, what, like $60? Hardly seems worth it compared to the 10 years you could potentially get in the clink.
$60??? Just how valuable is copper? The majority of the cable weight would, I assume, be rubber, plus for V3 the cooling tube and coolant. Yes it's thick wire... but $60 worth?

I have no idea what size conductor superchargers use, but just for comparison new 4/0 copper is $37 per meter.
I was curious too, so I looked it up - copper is about $.75/lb so $CAD 6.00; And I assume scrap pays less than the market rate...

But yeah, there are probably people who would chop up electrical installations for a mere $20. I wonder if there are tricks that can be done that make the wires inappropriate for scrap?

Well, it's been 6 weeks since the last update. Any news?

Paging @X-Men :)

Cheers!
I see that there are really great pictures and updates, looks like it won't be too long before these go live.
For the record, I don't live close these sites, I request my family and friends who pass through to take pictures and send it to me and I share them to the eager TMC community :), but it looks like we are getting close to having all of HWY 16 ready soon.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
No power yet as of this morning. Parking lot is paved though! Unfortunately one of the stalls has already been vandalized - the charge cord has been cut from the stall closest to the Flo stalls. (Sorry that one pic seems to have rotated weirdly)

View attachment 723680

View attachment 723685
I didn't notice this earlier. This is very frustrating to see. Many of us have been waiting for years to have this built, and when finally have it, someone damages it. :( . I have shared this on the local EV groups hopefully we can generate some buzz around this to encourage local authorities to take some action to prevent further damage.