Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Omaha, NE (8801 West Center Rd.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know… But, is a cone really deserved? Normally there needs to be some evidence of actual supercharger-related work before a cone is just handed out. :)
It is semantics but when you see a small portion of a parking lot torn up that hasn't been touched for 20+ years, with piles of dirt, where you know Tesla has a permit, I think it is fairly safe to say what is going on there is "supercharger-related."

Last edited:
It is semantics but when you see a small portion of a parking lot torn up that hasn't been touched for 20+ years, with piles of dirt, where you know Tesla has a permit, I think it is fairly safe to say what is going on there is "supercharger-related."
I suppose…
Obviously this is likely supercharger related.
But, we have seen parking construction at permitted sites multiple times on this forum site, and everybody got all excited, and then it turned out to be something else.

My father sent me an update.

Attachments

• PXL_20230325_170322959.jpg
    PXL_20230325_170322959.jpg
    590.3 KB · Views: 230
Reactions: RyanAndrews
I suppose…
Obviously this is likely supercharger related.
But, we have seen parking construction at permitted sites multiple times on this forum site, and everybody got all excited, and then it turned out to be something else.
Or like the new superchargers under construction in Lincoln, where the stalls have been put in only to be ripped out -- twice!! :D

Omaha's first Supercharger will be located at a Hyvee 8801 WEST CENTER RD. Footing/Foundation permit filed here.
Just drove by the super charger at 80th and center omaha ne. its up and looks ready but when we plugged our MY in it had no power yet
Omaha's first Supercharger will be located at a Hyvee 8801 WEST CENTER RD. Footing/Foundation permit filed here.

Attachments

• 20230519_190425.jpg
    20230519_190425.jpg
    739.7 KB · Views: 70
FWIW, Lincoln approved the final permit yesterday as I noted in that supercharger thread, but nothing that was outstanding with the Omaha supercharger was that major per Omaha's permitting inspection logs that would make me think it would take a month to resolve. Omaha had already approved the Public utility to pre-connect this site, and basically wanted to see some documentation the Tesla should've been able to supply right away as well as some labeling on equipment that should've also been easy to supply a month ago...

However, @RyanAndrews if you know where you're staying on your upcoming trip let us know if you need assistance in charging option recommendations. I thought you were going to be in good shape with this one, but it is looking like that probably won't be the case.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MattChristian