Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Northwood, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Crew Dragon

Ordered 5/20: MYLR 5-seat W/W No FSD, 19”, no tow
Jun 17, 2021
Toledo, Ohio
A change in plans! After many months with no progress at the Rossford Meijer's location, I did a little more checking and found that there is a new permit for a Tesla SuperCharger at a Meijer's store in Northwood/Oregon, Ohio.
This is on the other side of Toledo from Rossford. I think that it is a better location, as the west side already has a SC in Maumee, Ohio.
Unlike the Rossford site, this new location already has detailed plans drawn up (too large a file to attach). The plans show 12 standard V3 stalls.
Note: Tesla plans have the address as 1725 S. Wheeling St in Oregon. The permit shows the address as 2839 Curtice Rd in Northwood. The boundary between these two cities runs right through the parking lot (see dotted line in the photo below). Technically the store is in Oregon and the parking lot (where the new SC will be) is in Northwood.
While both permits are still active, I think that the "blue dot" should be moved from Rossford to this new Oregon/Northwood location.
1683034921460.png
1683036068452.png
1683036731536.png

I know exactly where that is. Its off 280 going towards toledo (if you are coming from turnpike heading west). I didnt think the one off 80/90 and 75 wasnt bad at all, if anything one of the better locations. I hope the Maumee one gets upgraded to V3s then. I see there is one more coming to Toledo. Wonder where that one will be at?

A change in plans! After many months with no progress at the Rossford Meijer's location, I did a little more checking and found that there is a new permit for a Tesla SuperCharger at a Meijer's store in Northwood/Oregon, Ohio.
This is on the other side of Toledo from Rossford. I think that it is a better location, as the west side already has a SC in Maumee, Ohio.
Unlike the Rossford site, this new location already has detailed plans drawn up (too large a file to attach). The plans show 12 standard V3 stalls.
Note: Tesla plans have the address as 1725 S. Wheeling St in Oregon. The permit shows the address as 2839 Curtice Rd in Northwood. The boundary between these two cities runs right through the parking lot (see dotted line in the photo below). Technically the store is in Oregon and the parking lot (where the new SC will be) is in Northwood.
While both permits are still active, I think that the "blue dot" should be moved from Rossford to this new Oregon/Northwood location.
View attachment 933765View attachment 933772View attachment 933773
I think this new location should be moved to its own thread. If the old Rossford plans don't end up going anywhere, we can abandon this thread and delete the permit pin from Supercharge.info.

@bmah

I know exactly where that is. Its off 280 going towards toledo (if you are coming from turnpike heading west). I didnt think the one off 80/90 and 75 wasnt bad at all, if anything one of the better locations. I hope the Maumee one gets upgraded to V3s then. I see there is one more coming to Toledo. Wonder where that one will be at?
That's the place! With this new one in Northwood/Oregon, plus the two existing SCs, I don't know that Toledo would need another SC anytime soon. Tesla never seems to do much upgrading V2 stations with V3s. I have seen where they add new V3 stalls to existing locations, but not changing one out for another.

No updates on this site as of yet. I live very close so ill keep an eye on it in the coming months. Hopefully they start soon!
That's great that you can check on this! If you want to follow along with the permitting process, or access Tesla's detailed construction drawings, use this link and instructions. It currently shows that the permit was approved earlier this month, but the plans have not been approved as yet. Wood County Offices: Building Inspection

• Informative
Reactions: SilverMonk
A slight delay as an issue was found during the permit review and the plan drawings will need to be resubmitted. Uggh!
Apparently the grounding electrode detail was not shown or not correct. This was on 8/1/23. As of 8/20/23, the drawings have still not be updated.

1692544035311.png

Zoning inspection has approved the plans as of 8/21/23. Hopefully they break ground soon!

Attachments

• D__LAB Architects Dropbox_Peter Lichomski_LAB_Tesla_All Sites_Oregon, OH_Oregon, OH 2023 07 13...pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 63